About the Team
We are a small and extremely hard working team that understands the importance of selling, but knows when to pump the breaks. We hold our relationships with buyers second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients extremely happy. We collaborate. We sell. We close. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the job
The Sales Manager is a pivotal position to the future success of Sovrn. As an integral part of our sales team, you are managing a small but growing team of sales and account management professionals. This team primary focused on the Data business, targeting new data and linkage clients. This is an opportunity for someone to make an impact on the bottom line and learn the data and ad-tech industry.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for managing SDR’s, AE’s and AM’s on the Data team
- Existing Clients - set your AM’s up to provide excellent service to existing clients
- Build new and refine existing AM processes and reporting
- Establish customer QBR processes
- Manage Upsell and Cross sell processes and targets for existing clients
- Ensure client outreach to identify and qualify expansion opportunities
- Manage opportunities pipelines in SalesForce CRM
- Data Product Delivery
- Work with Data Science and Data Delivery engineers to deliver our product
- Deliver client feedback to Data Product Prospecting/Qualifying and Closing OpportunitNew Clients - set your SDR’s and AE’s up to exceed sales targets on new customer identification, qualification, integration and contracting
- Manage new business pipeline and forecasting in SalesForce CRM
- Ensure sales team meets or exceeds new customer targets each quarter
- Integrations and Reporting
- Work with Data Sales engineer to improve the implementation and integration processes new data buyers
- Manage contracting processes
- Manage Transition of new buyers after on-boarding to the Data AM
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. Communication and customer service are your strongest traits. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Track record managing existing clients
- Interest or experience in the digital data ecosystem
- Troubleshooting skills to facilitate management and data reporting for customers
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Understand and ability to navigate BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Grafana, and Metamarkets
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Must be able to confidently make decisions on behalf of the team for areas of responsibility
- Minimum 1 year Sales Management experience
- Understanding of cookies, hashed emails, mobile advertising IDs and use cases
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising and Data industry
This position reports to: VP, Data
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!