About the Team
QA at Sovrn are all embedded with the engineering team and are highly focused on ensuring that feedback loops are tight and that we iterate on the software frequently to optimize how the software is performing. This team develops in a very complex system and they are highly focused on low latency performance. Works with data streams and a large volume java service.
About the Job
This position is a Sr SDET, Software Developer Engineer in Test, on the exchange team. In this position, you will verify that Kafka data streams are ingesting properly. You are responsible for the testing framework and the level of coverage that the tests focused on the performance of the application(s) are meeting SLAs by creating performance test plans. You will be responsible for all of the test plans for all incepted features and work tightly with Product owners to ensure that acceptance criteria are being adhered to.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the quality of Sovrn's exchange products, from inception and on-page implementation to deployment and measurement.
- Design, maintain and build automated testing frameworks and internal tooling that supports the exchange.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a high contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- Be the voice of our customers to ensure that the team is adhering to the product owner’s requirements.
- Maintain and build ephemeral testing environments and datasets.
- Participate in daily agile ceremonies such as standups, planning meetings, demos, and retros.
You are very driven for success and are constantly asking what does this do. You are extremely detail oriented and learn from your mistakes. You hate siloing and frequently find yourself at someone else's desk asking questions or helping find solutions to a complex problem. You also have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”.
The successful candidate will have:
- Able to design and develop a system from the ground up in an object-oriented programming language - Java preferred.
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to high-volume, high-velocity ecosystems, e.g. Kafka, Aerospike, Cassandra, Cloud-enabled applications and services
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- Strong ability to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- Have experience in working with scalable technology (i.e. AWS, Jenkins, Ansible etc)
- Have worked with performance technology and report metrics.
- A foundational understanding of Linux/Mac CLI commands.
Position Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!