Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
About the Team
We are a fully integrated team with product management, QA, and Engineers all together. Our competitive advantage as a company depends on this customer facing platform being among the best in the world, and that world moves very quickly. Since we need to stay quick and nimble, our team is made up of people who love to learn and love to act on and share their new found knowledge.
About the Job
The Publisher Experience team is building out a new extensible platform to enable publishers to pull in a wide variety of advertising data to run their businesses. We exist in open market conditions so time to market and value add are key differentiators. You will play a key role in defining and implementing our next generation platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evolving our single page application to support parallel development by multiple teams via modules and micro apps
- Support our Prebid analytics data pipeline built on Amazon Services, such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Kinesis Firehose, Athena,S3.
- Build out a new analytics platform that enables publishers to connect to and gain insights from multiple data sources using React, Redux, Node, and GraphQL
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You understand that making software do the right thing is only part of the battle - you also must think about what can cause your software to fail. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
- 7+ years' software development experience
- 7+ professional experience developing web services or applications
- Experience both consuming and producing REST APIs
- Excel in a fast paced agile development environment
- Proficient with persistence stores: Relational, NoSQL, etc…
- Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS, web components
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and system design
- Ability to lead a team of junior and experienced engineers to a common technical goal
- Experience building complex dashboards and visualizations using D3 and other tools.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Demonstrable commitment to automation and CI/CD
- Experience with monitoring for highly observable code: StatsD, Graphite, etc…
- Experience working with Docker, AWS.
Position Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!