About the Team
Sovrn’s UK Demand team supports Sovrn’s growth by working in the UK Agency market to build and develop new advertising revenue streams. Our goal is to contribute to Sovrn at multiple levels by combining our skills and experience with strong agency relationships, while subscribing to Sovrn mission and values.
About the Job
The role of Buyer Development Executive is focused around relationship development and in market prospecting. The role is designed to compliment a self-starter individual who thrives with managing their own diary and meeting new prospects on a daily basis with a focus on developing attributable revenue streams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Approaching agencies and agency trading desks, developing new business relationships
- Position Sovrn as an SSP of choice for buying programmatic display and video inventory in the UK market - differentiated by our commitment to trust, quality and personal service.
- Self prospect strategic agency personnel and have an understanding of agency/trading desk organograms
- Deliver technical and commercial information to prospects, keeping calm under pressure and having the ability to improvise in times of difficulty
- Working with the Sales and the Operations Team to ensure that service requirements are understood and implemented in line with client expectations
- Responsible for the efficient day to day business development operations and confident to operate as an individual with a team based in office for support
- Development of both senior and junior contacts within your agency roster
- Work with the Operations, Finance & Business Development Team to ensure that service requirements are understood and implemented in line with client expectations.
- To ensure all business contacts and proposals are recorded and updated in Salesforce.
- Assist and support the management team on new projects both in EU and US markets.
- Maintaining an in depth understanding of the digital marketplace, with particular emphasis on all new and emerging initiatives.
- Assist the Agency Sales Manager in sales P&L and contribute to market feedback updates.
- Setting a professional example in behaviour, attitude and results at all times.
- Upholding the company’s position and integrity at all times, particularly within the realms of confidentiality and discretion.
- Identify, recommend and build trading agreements in principle.
- Respond and action client briefs, whilst balancing time pressures against perfection to detail
- Be the voice of the buyer, within the business, ensuring Sovrn continues to adapt to buyer requirements
- To meet and over achieve the specified target by month and quarterly.
Reporting & Analysis
- Be the business owner of the reporting of your developed agency accounts
- Execute on quantitative and qualitative objectives set by the Agency Sales Manager which will guide and build the narrative around your go to market approach and strategy
- Track spend & KPI’s providing market alerts to the Agency Sales Manager in turn driving revenue uplift which can scale across the buyer market place
- Understand and index against the buying methods/technology vehicles of your agency clients and utilise your in market knowledge to capitalise on each and every new opportunity
- Ensure there is commutative alignment between supply & demand, including advising the supply team of publisher inventory/audience requirements as driven by your buyer requests
As Buyer Development Executive, Agency Partnerships your responsibility will be to prospect, identify and develop new business relationships with agencies, brands and advertisers in the UK market. You will engage in a variety of tasks including executing the Sovrn SSP market strategy across your territory, driving the qualification, negotiation and development of opportunities, reporting to the Agency Sales Manager, UK.
The Buyer Development Executive is responsible for developing relationships with the major agency holding companies, associated trading desks and brands focused primarily on building revenue and yields that scale across Sovrn’s programmatic inventory.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years agency or programmatic experience
- Active contacts across the Agency Holding Companies and Agency Trading Desks
- A natural relationship builder, a people person whilst having the drive, tenacity and professionalism required to operate within the agency landscape.
- A strong track record in achieving targets and have the ability to demonstrate/explain the underlying metrics behind this
- Strong teamwork attitude and happy to go the extra mile when required
- Have a genuine passion and intrigue for the programmatic and technology space
- Willing to learn and grow with the industry and develop in a fast changing landscape and company
- Present, at times highly technical information with the ability to break things down to a relatable way for your target audience
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t