About the Team
As a member of the Publisher Experience team, you will test the UI platform that our customers use daily for reporting, payments and analytics. There is a plethora of apis that sit behind the UI. This is a cloud-enabled application that auto scales when the load increases or decreases
About the Job
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the quality of Sovrn's products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement.
- Work in and improve our automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate a contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
You are very driven for success and are constantly asking what does this do. You are extremely detailed oriented and learn from your mistakes. You hate siloing and frequently find yourself at someone else's desk asking questions or helping find solutions to a complex problem. You also have the thought process of, “If I have to do this more than once I’m going to automate it!”.
The successful candidate will have:
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to UI design and api calls.
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- Strong ability to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- 2-3 years QA experience
Position Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t