- Oversee all Accounting (with some hands-on work) including: revenue recognition, fixed asset management, inventory accounting, commission calculations, month end close and financial statement preparation.
- Ownership of Weekly and Monthly performance analysis and reporting processes, specifically weekly revenue forecast and the business wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Support semi-annual budgeting and strategic planning process in gathering market information, collecting management input, and related supporting analysis Partner with other internal teams to assist leadership in analysis of performance, scenario modeling, and forecasting
- Lead, manage, and develop a high performing, efficient and productive Finance team.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and statutory requirements through the maintenance of well-organized and structured accounts and records.
- Responsible for overseeing all finance outputs, including understanding of IFRS-GAAP differences.
- Supervise the completion of all HMRC/Statutory requirements, insurance coverage and reporting requirements reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Provide support and administration for the company’s critical financial systems, including general ledger (Netsuite/Xero), equity management, payment systems, expense reporting and banking
- Establish financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Manage relationships with outside auditors, tax professionals and other consultants.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues.
- An aptitude and eagerness for working in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- The ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions of the organization.
- Strategic and operational financial experience who understands the needs of an evolving organization.
- 8-10 years in a Finance role, including 5+ years experience in a Finance leadership role with a recent focus on quickly growing organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Experience with NetSuite and highly proficient with MS Excel
- Prior experience in a high growth technology company.
- Experience with setting up and managing international accounting with foreign entities and managing providers.
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical with demonstrated attention to detail
- Proactively review current procedures and make recommendations for improvements with consideration to the key stakeholders in the organization
- Prior experience with implementing operational and financial metrics and controls within a technical business.
- Proven knowledge of IFRS standards and compliance.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified and 3+ years in public accounting
- You love process and procedure, but also know when enough is enough.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
- You have a keen sense for balancing pragmatism and perfection.
- Flexibility to roll with the punches and growing pains of a small but fast-growing company
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t