About the Job
As an IT Desktop Support Technician, you will be responsible for directly supporting Sovrn employees with issues and requests related to computers, software, network, telephones, printers, and other services. You will work in the Boulder (sometimes Denver) office supporting a variety of users to include Executives. You’ll gain solid exposure to the IT tech field and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
About the Team
We are a small team that emphasizes on moving fast and delivering impactful solutions through technical excellence. The team is focused on providing innovative and reliable IT and facilities services to users in the U.S. and U.K.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Setting up computer stations for new employees
- IT asset disposition
- Supporting Apple Mac laptop/desktop systems and Google Chromebook/Chromebox devices
- Supporting office LAN/WiFi infrastructure
- Supporting VoIP telephony and video conferencing services
- Supporting for key user applications (G Suite, Jira, Office, Salesforce, etc)
- Supporting infrastructure applications (AD, SSO, G Suite, cloud directory services, etc)
- Manage desk and conference room cabling (network, power, etc)
- Manage workload through Jira ticketing system
You are a self starter and able to get the job done without micro management. You enjoy being part of a collaborative team but are also independent in terms of getting things done. You love technical challenges and solving problems all while striving to make Sovrn better.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1- 2 years desktop support experience
- Ability to work 20 hours a week and commit to a term of no less than six months.
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of prioritizing and managing daily duties.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Must be able to learn quickly and have very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting macOS and Apple peripherals
- Internet savvy and strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, G Suite, Jira/Confluence, Slack)
- Must pay high attention to detail and be able to process a high volume of information quickly and accurately
- Ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly build a trusting rapport with all levels of an organization
- High school degree required, Bachelor's preferred
- You love technology and think what we’re doing is cool
- You have a keen sense for balancing pragmatism and perfection
- Flexibility to roll with the punches and growing pains of a small but fast-growing company
Position Reports to: VP, Tech Ops
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t