The Publisher Development Manager at Sovrn is an advocate and trusted partner to key publishing partners. Through a technical and operational focus, this publisher facing role will help build and grow relationships with publishers through reinforcing the Sovrn mission to support them across their businesses. This role provides the opportunity to become a key strategic partner for publishers, while driving adoption of durable Sovrn solutions across the industry and influencing the publisher and product lifecycle at Sovrn. We are looking for a connected, ambitious, and relationship driven ad operations professional to help drive our mission and convey the power of our solutions.
- Lead and drive sales discussions with high level publisher contacts
- Understand and convey the Sovrn mission to key publishers
- Leverage current relationships to introduce and grow relationships between publishers and Sovrn
- Work closely with Account Executives to provide technical and operational support and insight
- Utilize operational knowledge base to become a partner and advocate to key publishers
- Lean into industry and operational knowledge to help support development of emerging Sovrn products and services
- Represent Sovrn in person during daily meetings and industry events in NYC
- Strive towards team success of monthly and quarterly product adoption and publisher acquisition goals
- Strong understanding of programmatic industry and publisher monetization strategies
- Relationship driven sales skills
- Team player - always focused on the success of the publisher and the team
- Ability to navigate and build relationships within large organizations to drive adoption of cross-functional products and services
- Ability to communicate products and opportunities for growth with publishers externally, as well as feedback and optimizations with market development and operations team internally
- Professional presence and ability to build relationships at a senior level
- Strong industry knowledge and perspective that helps connect the Sovrn mission with publishers
Sovrn is here to help publishers do more of what they love and less of what they don’t. By understanding all of the challenges and opportunities publishers see, we can help them create solutions to grow their revenue and achieve the goals they have across their business. The Publisher Development Manager has the ability to learn from and influence a large and growing publisher base through tools and best practices, while delivering key insights to help expand Sovrn tools and services.
The Publisher Development Manager reports to the Director of Publisher Growth and is based in New York City, NY.
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t