About the Role
Reporting to the VP of Demand, the Demand Account Executive is responsible for long-term growth and success of Sovrn’s top buyers. This is a highly visible, client facing position responsible for driving revenue through a broad range of activities including prospecting; leading business discussions with top partners; developing growth strategies; negotiating direct deals; driving contract negotiations to completion and managing quarterly business reviews.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing, analyzing, and conducting a monthly and quarterly business review of Sovrn’s buyers
- Secure/grow relationships with buyers and demand partners
- Evaluate the ad tech market for new ideas and opportunities that will contribute to the company’s business strategy and growth
- Build strategic growth plans for new partnerships that increase supply adoption; entice buyers to test new offerings and explore deals; prompt buyers to expand budgets; and ultimately drive revenue to Sovrn
- Work collaboratively with Ops, Data, Supply, and Demand AM’s to execute your strategy and achieve growth targets
- Coordinate and manage partner on-boarding and integration process
- Systematically foster executive relationships articulating and reinforcing Sovrn’s unique marketplace position
- Serve as Sovrn’s evangelist to new demand sources by providing education on our unique supply
- Conduct regular business reviews with new partners to grow revenue and strategic alignment
- Be a thought leader and stay current on industry trends via research, networking, attending conferences, etc.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
More about you
- A strong understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and value chain
- 2+ years of online advertising experience having interfaced with ad tech companies through a role at a DSP, SSP, ad network, data company, or ad exchange
- Ability to successfully lead all aspects of a partnership (executive meetings, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, aligning tech resources, and discerning the viability of an opportunity)
- The ability to create and formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execute on a plan
- Deep understanding of the needs of both buyers and sellers to effectively manage the relationship and identify new areas of revenue growth
- Experience developing compelling business cases based on evaluating the buyers needs and mapping to the company’s product offering
- Practical experience supporting and servicing partners using advertising products and technology
- Experience building long-term personal relationships and overcoming challenging issues in productive ways
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills – both inside and outside the company – in order to achieve results
At Sovrn, we work hard and we work fast while doing the best work of our careers on challenging projects that provide indispensable value to our publishers, partners, and buyers. You can do amazing work here. It’s up to you to make it happen!
If you’re confident, hard-working, innovative, well spoken, proficient in managing multiple tasks, have a positive attitude, self-motivated, and you’re scrappy, then we want to talk to you!
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (1) make money; (2) get distribution to grow their audience; and (3) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission: Help content creators do more of what they love to do and less of what they don’t.