About the Role
Reporting to the VP of Demand, the Demand Account Executive is responsible for long-term growth and success of Sovrn’s top buyers. This is a highly visible, client facing position responsible for driving revenue through a broad range of activities including prospecting; leading business discussions with top partners; developing growth strategies; negotiating direct deals; driving contract negotiations to completion and managing quarterly business reviews.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing, analyzing, and conducting a monthly and quarterly business review of Sovrn’s buyers
- Secure/grow relationships with buyers and demand partners
- Evaluate the ad tech market for new ideas and opportunities that will contribute to the company’s business strategy and growth
- Build strategic growth plans for new partnerships that increase supply adoption; entice buyers to test new offerings and explore deals; prompt buyers to expand budgets; and ultimately drive revenue to Sovrn
- Work collaboratively with Ops, Data, Supply, and Demand AM’s to execute your strategy and achieve growth targets
- Coordinate and manage partner on-boarding and integration process
- Systematically foster executive relationships articulating and reinforcing Sovrn’s unique marketplace position
- Serve as Sovrn’s evangelist to new demand sources by providing education on our unique supply
- Conduct regular business reviews with new partners to grow revenue and strategic alignment
- Be a thought leader and stay current on industry trends via research, networking, attending conferences, etc.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
More about you
- A strong understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and value chain
- 2+ years of online advertising experience having interfaced with ad tech companies through a role at a DSP, SSP, ad network, data company, or ad exchange
- Ability to successfully lead all aspects of a partnership (executive meetings, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, aligning tech resources, and discerning the viability of an opportunity)
- The ability to create and formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execute on a plan
- Deep understanding of the needs of both buyers and sellers to effectively manage the relationship and identify new areas of revenue growth
- Experience developing compelling business cases based on evaluating the buyers needs and mapping to the company’s product offering
- Practical experience supporting and servicing partners using advertising products and technology
- Experience building long-term personal relationships and overcoming challenging issues in productive ways
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills – both inside and outside the company – in order to achieve results
At Sovrn, we work hard and we work fast while doing the best work of our careers on challenging projects that provide indispensable value to our publishers, partners, and buyers. You can do amazing work here. It’s up to you to make it happen!
If you’re confident, hard-working, innovative, well spoken, proficient in managing multiple tasks, have a positive attitude, self-motivated, and you’re scrappy, then we want to talk to you!
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer