Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Location: San Diego, CA – Bay Park area
Position Type: Full-time
Experience Level: 5+ years relevant work experience with B.S.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, stock options, and a great team environment
Oversee the implementation and execution of inspection, testing, and evaluation methods to ensure the quality and consistency of products. Lead efforts to develop the systems needed to drive the transition from low-volume prototype production to high-volume pilot production ensuring capacity keeps pace with quickly accelerating global customer demand.
Become a critical member of our fast-growing team working to develop a breakthrough battery technology to enable a greener future. In this position, you will be a key part of our core team, at the forefront of taking next-generation chemistries and packaging them into advanced battery cells.
We are looking for a dedicated Quality Control Manager with excellent attention to detail to join our team in the Bay Park area of San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will plan, direct, develop, and implement appropriate systems to ensure the quality of products as we transition from R&D to pilot-scale production and beyond. Major tasks may include communication with suppliers, training on quality and corrective action skills, trend analysis, and coordination with Engineering and Production teams to facilitate quick response time to qualify problems. Proper documentation and initiating proper processes of incoming materials, inventory, manufacturing, and outgoing product will be critical. This is a dynamic work environment with several parallel projects with various timelines. An ideal candidate has excellent knowledge of statistical process control, is creative and hands-on, and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement and systematic consistency. Knowledge of industrial management, quality management certification, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing methods are required.
- Provide regular updates to management on top level quality trends analysis, review, and reporting for identification of opportunities for improvement in quality and cost.
- Plans and implements quality standards and systems for continuous improvement through all production processes from materials intake to testing.
- Provide technical expertise using fundamental, data driven methodologies and trains the Production Team to succeed including training, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- Identify and drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for process quality and performance issues.
- Respond to unplanned quality problems from suppliers, manufacturing processes, and customers.
- Review and update product specifications, inspection standards, manuals, and lesson learned activities.
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, designs, and results with the team.
- Work independently and efficiently to reach goals with target timelines.
- Various other tasks asked of by the company.
- Deliver epic High Fives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science with 5+ years of experience in Quality/Reliability engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience statistical process control software, design of experiments, and implementation for complex problem solving in an hardware manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated record of successfully leading teams, projects, and/or programs.
- Communicate effectively with various level of employees within all areas of the organization including technicians to Senior Leadership.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and succeed in an environment with competing demands.
- Hands-on experience with assembly and basic machining abilities (ex. drill press, sanding).
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
At the time of posting, the expected starting salary range for this role is $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 annually. The actual pay depends on multiple individualized factors, including education, job-related knowledge, experience, and skills, which will be assessed during the interview process. The comprehensive compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as health benefits, 401k, and company stock options. The base pay range and package is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
ABOUT SOUTH 8 TECHNOLOGIES
South 8 Technologies, Inc. is a fast growing and well-funded group backed by leading global organizations. We have developed a breakthrough new Liquefied Gas Electrolyte chemistry for next-generation lithium batteries. Our patented technology enables a substantial increase in energy, improved safety, and an exceptionally wide operating temperature. Leveraging conventional materials and manufacturing, South 8 Technologies offers a unique solution for a variety of e-mobility, energy storage, and industrial applications.
South 8 Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2015 and spun out of UC San Diego’s Jacobs School of Engineering. We are a diverse team, which values integrity and hard work in an environment that encourages creative thinking, collaboration, and honest feedback. Become a critical member of our team and grow alongside us as we transform the energy landscape.
Candidates may apply by sending resume to email@example.com.
Candidates only – we will not respond to inquiries from third-party recruiters.
South 8 Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.