Job Title: Office Administrator
Location: San Diego, CA – Bay Park area
Position Type: Full-time
Experience Level: 3+ years in administrative assistant or similar role
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, stock options, and a great team environment
Working with a fast-paced team that is transforming the battery industry, the office administrator will support both internal and external groups to ensure smooth company operations. From light bookkeeping and human resource support to coordination of calendars and making travel arrangements for company staff, the office administrator should be able to multi-task various tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and time management skills.
We are looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented office administrator who is looking to learn about technology while assisting the team with various roles in the sales and marketing area. The duties will include execution of customer focused initiatives including event coordination, preparing marketing materials, presentations, updating and maintaining the CRM, and work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance workload.
The ideal candidate can multitask projects on various timelines and will ensure smooth day-to-day operations in a dynamic start-up environment. Major tasks may include administrative support, light bookkeeping duties, supporting marketing efforts, handling contract and grant organization and scheduling, tracking relevant business operation permits, onboarding new employees, and managing light human resources duties. A technical background is not necessary, but you must be comfortable working with business and technical teams.
- Maintain a delightful and productive workplace by quickly resolving facilities issues as they arise, continually improving efficiency of operations
- Keep company operating smoothly by supporting light accounting duties including payroll, bookkeeping, expense tracking, and receipt organization
- Help schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, manage cost reimbursements
- Organize and maintain customer resource management (CRM) tools
- Assist in onboarding new employees and support human resources functions
- Work independently and efficiently to reach target goals and timelines
- Maintain and coordinate group calendars
- Document standard office procedures
- Deliver epic High Fives
- 3+ years of experience in a professional office environment with a bachelor’s degree
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes
- Passionate professional with the power to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Track record of resourcefulness and creative problem solving
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
- Effectively present information and respond promptly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
At the time of posting, the expected starting salary range for this role is $40,000.00 – $70,000.00 annually. The actual pay depends on multiple individualized factors, including education, job-related knowledge, experience, and skills, which will be assessed during the interview process. The comprehensive compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as health benefits, 401k, and company stock options. The base pay range and package is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
ABOUT SOUTH 8 TECHNOLOGIES
South 8 Technologies, Inc. is a fast growing and well-funded group backed by leading global organizations. We have developed a breakthrough new Liquefied Gas Electrolyte chemistry for next-generation lithium batteries. Our patented technology enables a substantial increase in energy, improved safety, and an exceptionally wide operating temperature. Leveraging conventional materials and manufacturing, South 8 Technologies offers a unique solution for a variety of e-mobility, energy storage, and industrial applications.
South 8 Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2015 and spun out of UC San Diego’s Jacobs School of Engineering. We are a diverse team, which values integrity and hard work in an environment that encourages creative thinking, collaboration, and honest feedback. Become a critical member of our team and grow alongside us as we transform the energy landscape.
Candidates may apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates only – we will not respond to inquiries from third-party recruiters.
South 8 Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.