Job Title: Sales and Marketing Administrator
Location: San Diego, CA – Bay Park area (non-remote)
Position Type: Full-time
Experience Level: 1-3 years of experience in Sales and/or Marketing Administration position
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, stock options, and a great team environment
Working with a fast-paced team that is transforming the battery industry, the sales and marketing administrator will collaborate with both the sales and marketing teams to plan, schedule, and coordinate marketing processes including improve standard materials and other marketing/business development materials. Will also be expected to assist in minimal general office administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and detail-oriented sales and marketing administrator who is looking to learn about technology while assisting the team with various roles in the sales and marketing area. The duties will include execution of customer focused initiatives including event coordination, preparing marketing materials, presentations, updating and maintaining the CRM, and work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance workload.
- Support marketing team through working with third parties to assemble and execute on a cohesive marketing strategy
- Compile and share data through market research to determine market trends
- Participate in the formation and execution of select market strategies based on data, trends, and knowledge of customers, products, and competitors
- Assist with receiving and processing purchase orders and issuing sales transaction invoices.
- Assist in the creation of presentations and collateral sales material
- Assist in social media management
- Coordinate the preparation of sales proposals and presentations
- Manage input entry and maintenance of Customer Relationship Management database
- Assist team in shipment of products to customers
- Supporting the sales department with other administrative tasks as needed
- Review documentation for accuracy and completion
- Occasional attendance at events to promote the company
- Assist in minimal general office administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications
- 1-3 years of experience in Sales and Marketing Administration or coordination position
- Effectively present information and respond promptly (peers, managers, clients, customer needs)
- Exceptional communications skills - strong professional outlook, interpersonal skills to interface with cross functional team, as well as people internally and externally
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
- Passionate professional with the power to prioritize and multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products as well as CRM systems
ABOUT SOUTH 8 TECHNOLOGIES
South 8 Technologies, Inc. is a fast growing and well-funded group backed by leading global organizations. We have developed a breakthrough new Liquefied Gas Electrolyte chemistry for next-generation lithium batteries. Our patented technology enables a substantial increase in energy, improved safety, and an exceptionally wide operating temperature. Leveraging conventional materials and manufacturing, South 8 Technologies offers a unique solution for a variety of e-mobility, energy storage, and industrial applications.
South 8 Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2015 and spun out of UC San Diego’s Jacobs School of Engineering. We are a diverse team, which values integrity and hard work in an environment that encourages creative thinking, collaboration, and honest feedback. Become a critical member of our team and grow alongside us as we transform the energy landscape.
Candidates may apply by sending resume to email@example.com.
Candidates only – we will not respond to inquiries from third-party recruiters.
South 8 Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.