Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: San Diego, CA – Bay Park area
Position Type: Full-time
Experience Level: 1-3 years experience in a laboratory environment
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and paid vacation.
Carry out tasks in a wet chemical laboratory including cleaning glassware and materials hardware, basic wiring, building battery test cells, and maintaining an organized working environment.
Become a critical member of our fast-growing team working to develop a breakthrough battery technology to change the way batteries are made and used worldwide to enable a greener future. In this position, you will be a critical part of our core team, helping with day-to-day operations and progressing the development and manufacturing of advanced battery cells.
We are looking for a skilled, dependable, and detail-oriented Laboratory Technician, to join our team in the Bay Park area of San Diego, CA. In this role you will help maintain the laboratory environment and support personnel on necessary tasks including cleaning glassware and materials hardware, basic wiring, and carrying out basic cell assembly and testing. The ideal candidate can work independently following standard operating procedures, is thorough in their tasks, and able to effectively communicate in a dynamic environment. Work will primarily be in a wet lab environment and candidate should be able to comfortably and safely handle a variety of chemicals, tools, and equipment.
• Support scientists and engineers with preparation, setup, assembly, testing of various tasks
• Follow written procedures to assemble components into battery cells
• Accurately and comprehensively record work
• Operate laboratory equipment such as gloveboxes, multi-meters, etc.
• Maintain an organized and functional laboratory workspace with general lab duties such as, but not limited to, stocking laboratory consumables, electrical wiring, cleaning, etc.
• Follow protocols for safe handling of materials and chemicals
• Deliver epic High Fives
• 1-3 years of experience working in a laboratory environment
• Familiarity with chemical and hazardous material handling best practices
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and succeed in an environment with competing demands
• Ability to perform repetitive work according to established procedures
• Basic machining (drill press, sanding)
• Ability to lift 35 lbs.
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Dexterous – able to safely grasp, move, or assemble small objects
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
• An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes
At the time of posting, the expected starting salary range for this role is $45,000.00 – $70,000.00 annually. The actual pay depends on multiple individualized factors, including education, job-related knowledge, experience, and skills, which will be assessed during the interview process. The comprehensive compensation package for this position may also include other elements, such as health benefits, 401k, and company stock options. The base pay range and package is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
ABOUT SOUTH 8 TECHNOLOGIES
South 8 Technologies, Inc. has developed a breakthrough new Liquefied Gas Electrolyte chemistry for electrochemical energy storage devices including lithium batteries and electrochemical capacitors. Our patented technology enables a substantial increase in energy, improved safety, and an exceptionally wide operating temperature. Leveraging conventional materials and manufacturing, South 8 Technologies offers a unique solution for a variety of transportation, grid storage, and aerospace applications.
South 8 Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2015 and spun out of the UC San Diego’s Jacobs School of Engineering. We are a diverse team, which values integrity and hard work in an environment that encourages creative thinking, collaboration, and honest feedback. Become a critical member of our fast-growing team and grow alongside us as we revolutionize the energy landscape.
Candidates may apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates only – we will not respond to inquiries from third-party recruiters.
South 8 Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.