ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code search yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, works closely with Sales, Customer Engineering, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to bring important insights to internal stakeholders from the field and the broader industry to improve our business and our customers’ success. Is an industry thought leader who drives conversations with senior leaders (technical and business) at Sourcegraph customers, influencing towards pre-defined outcomes. You will build executive champions and get their buy-in on Sourcegraph providing a significant impact on their development organizations, and their company as a whole. You are the subject matter expert on developer tooling and Sourcegraph, acting as a trusted advisor to existing and potential customers.
The Field CTO is highly visible inside and outside Sourcegraph. They are a recognized expert in the developer tools area who publishes, blogs, speaks at conferences and evangelizes in adjacent open source and professional communities. They are focused on building and nurturing relationships and partnerships with the developer community.
You’re a good fit if:
You are a visionary in bridging business with technology by identifying gaps, opportunities, and themes in the market. You enjoy building strategic relationships with and influencing technical and business executives alike; you have experience building executive champions. You are energetic and understand business priorities, and are proactively able to anticipate the needs of a leadership team and its organization.
- Must Have
- Deep expertise and experience in enterprise software development, software architecture and developer operations; ideally as a technology leader yourself (VP or above)
- Management understanding of both open source and commercial software development practices, methodologies, and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and influence interfacing directly with Director, VP, C-level audiences and also at DevOps, architect and dev team levels, too
- Highly collaborative with internal teams, expert at building cross-functional relationships
- Experience producing and delivering technical content: podcasts, blogs, webinars, etc that influence and drive conversations with the broader community.
- Experienced in developer-facing, outward-customer interacting role; can articulate both strategic and tactical concepts around developer tooling, productivity, and code search
- Nice to Have
- Deep industry and technical domain expertise in developer tooling and an understanding of developer needs and priorities
What we’d expect this person to do day-to-day at Sourcegraph:
- Sales collaboration: Brought in for introductory discussion with any net new Enterprise prospect with VP level or above participants / champion
- Sales collaboration: Brought in for introductory discussion with any new prospect within an existing customer account with VP level or above participants / champion. Partners with Sales on executive alignment and progressing leader deals and expansions. Develops and carries out strategy for driving awareness high into customer organizations
- Sales & Product/Engineering collaboration: Present product roadmap outward at QBRs for “Strategic Accounts”
- Marketing collaboration: Regularly evangelize Sourcegraph strategy and vision as an industry leader while serving as a public spokesperson with customers, press and analysts as well as producing content for various mediums such as blogs or podcasts.
- Product/Engineering collaboration: A key contributor to roadmap planning, synthesizes themes from the field and influences product direction based on executive-level feedback and insights
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
Intro Conversation Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- [30 min] Recruiter Screen
- [45 min] Hiring Manager Screen
Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [30 min] Cross-collaboration Interview w/Senior Customer Engineering or Product leader
- [30 min] Values Interview
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [60 min] Presentation w/Senior Leadership Team
- [45 min] Leadership Interview w/Founder
And that’s it! Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.