ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code to create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunities across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code search yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
Sourcegraph’s Data & Analytics team empowers every part of the business with the data infrastructure and insights they need to make great decisions.
As Sourcegraph’s first Data Analyst, you will be a vital member of the Data & Analytics team, and the company as a whole, as we continue our rapid growth. You will become a go-to person for data questions, insights and recommendations for teams across the company, and eventually move into supporting a single team that aligns with your long-term interests and our needs as an organization.
Within one month you will:
- Complete your new hire onboarding checklist
- Become more familiar with our product and value propositions by completing demos and other training sessions
- Onboard onto our current product metrics, OKRs and the data infrastructure that supports our reporting
- Meet with all members of the Data & Analytics and Business Operations teams, as well as other members of teams you will be supporting (such as Product Managers and Designers, Marketing Operations and Sales Operations)
- Complete an onboarding project that reinforces your learnings from the first month (e.g. work with the design team to understand the motives behind a recent design refresh and build dashboards to quantify its impact)
Within three months you will:
- Continue taking on projects within our Analytics roadmap that supports the product team in making great, informed decisions
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports for various teams to understand progress towards and key variances in OKRs
- Improve our data enablement efforts that make it easier for everyone across the company to onboard onto and effectively use our data tools
- Begin taking on data questions from teams across the company
Within six months you will:
- Become a go-to expert on our analytics stack to analyze and visualize data, and help others outside of the Analytics team do the same
- Own and execute portions of the Analytics roadmap and OKRs, such as helping the product team build and optimize user growth through referrals/invitations
- Fill gaps as needed and help define the future state of a growing and lean Analytics organization!
You are interested in driving product decisions with quantitative data and contributing to Sourcegraph’s journey to be a data-informed organization. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph.
- Demonstrated background (2-4 years) in analytical roles (analytics, BizOps, data engineering, data science, etc.)
- Advanced experience working with SQL and Business Intelligence (BI) tools, such as Looker or Tableau
- Independent self-starter who can prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with datasets from a multitude of sources, such as sales (Salesforce), marketing (HubSpot or Marketo), customer support (Zendesk)
- Experience working with (or understanding) data tools across the entire data tech stack, such as data warehouses and ETL tools
Interview process [~5.5 hour process]
- You apply
- [30 min] Recruiter screen
- [45 min] Hiring Manager screen
- [2-3 hrs] Assignment/Take Home Test
- “Onsite Interview”
- [1 hr min] Project review with two Analytics teammate
- [ 30 min] Interview with VP Operations
- [ 30 min] Values interview with two teammates outside of your department
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & make you an offer!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.