Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code search yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
As a Manager of Sales Development, you will lead our exceptional high agency all-remote team to achieve ambitious objectives to drive overwhelming demand for our code search suite of products, develop the future leaders of our company, and grow our brand recognition in the market. Our generous compensation philosophy, and your ability to hire from anywhere, will give you the unique opportunity to continue attracting the best talent in the world.
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports and peers.
- You will have a seat at the table for making decisions on how our sales development team goes to market and expands our footprint
- You will build a better understanding of our high agency value by reading Turn the Ship Around and sharing your thoughts about it with your manager and your team.
Within three months:
- You will have a trusting relationship with your direct team and are able to connect their work to their own career goals.
- Your peers in sales and marketing are enthusiastic to work with you because you reliably follow-through with your commitments.
- You will be able to communicate the one year vision for where the sales development function is headed.
Within six months:
- You will have improved planning, communication, hiring, and onboarding processes to help the team scale as we grow.
- You will celebrate the fact that your org has delivered key results in support of their objectives for the year.
- Qualified Opportunities pipeline supports our goal of 3x pipeline coverage
- Deliver the best-possible customer experience by contacting leads within 5 minutes of submitting requests
- Establishing our sales development career path
Within one year:
- You will have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- You will collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your org should work towards.
- You will be helping shape new go-to-market strategies to engage new segments and regions of customers
You are an experienced and visionary people-driven sales leader who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our sales organization’s ambitious and challenging objectives. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph.
- You have led a sales development function focussed on sourcing outbound opportunities.
- You have excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
- You have a passion for developing people and personal growth
- You have supported sales teams that focus on working with enterprise companies
- You're just as comfortable hopping on a cold call as you are analyzing data
- You have a drive to connect with people and understand their point of view
Nice to haves:
- Experience using an SEP tool (Outreach, Salesloft, etc,)
- Previous closing experience (AE, inside sales, etc.)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.