Who we are
Why this job is exciting
As a Contract Recruiter at Sourcegraph, you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us as a Contractor, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month you will...
- Begin recruiting on openings and become ingrained in the business with assistance from your team and the VP, Talent.
- Meet key hiring managers and executive leadership you will be supporting - you will be meeting with them weekly and they will be key relationships for you throughout your role.
Within two months you will...
- Work autonomously through the entire candidate recruitment lifecycle (from application through offer acceptance) and have regular “update meetings” with your hiring managers.
- Manage the influx of applicants in a timely manner, providing a top-notch candidate experience.
- Utilize strong sourcing and recruiting methods to proactively identify and attract top-quality passive talent, especially cold calling.
- Have a strong understanding of the business and what makes Sourcegraph unique.
- Make placements!
Within three months you will...
- Have successfully hires several strong candidates.
- Set the bar for the best candidate and hiring manager experience.
Our Recruiters are hard-working, results-driven, and passionate people advocates! We are sourcing machines - passionate about finding the best passive talent and providing a top-notch candidate experience. We celebrate the wins together and help each other through uncharted territory.
You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented Recruiter who shares our values and has a passion for all things Talent. This is a huge opportunity to develop your career by participating in every phase of the recruitment process, from sourcing and evaluation of talent, to owning requisitions of your own, collaborating with hiring managers and senior leadership. You have demonstrated skills with passive candidate generation, account management (internal hiring managers), and moving candidates through all recruiting stages (candidate generation to interview to offer). As a Contract Recruiter, you’ll help determine and implement strategy and develop proactive sourcing techniques to ensure an ongoing candidate pipeline.
- 3+ years of agency recruiting experience; corporate experience a plus.
- Strong cold calling skills and a “sales mindset.”Demonstrated ability to source for roles using various platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and ethically in a fast-paced tech environment and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, and a growth mindset.
- Engaging interpersonal skills: a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who connects well with others.
- ATS experience required; Greenhouse is ideal!
-  You apply.
-  45-minutes: Phone screen with the VP, Talent, where we will learn more about you and answer any questions you have.
- We offer you a 3-month Contract position (with the possibility for extension) with Sourcegraph.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.