- Significantly grow usage and engagement of your ownership area and Sourcegraph as a whole.
- Collaborate with, support, and motivate their team to plan and build the solutions to customer problems.
- Add value to the user by surfacing real problems and improving the user’s workflow as a developer.
- Gather customer feedback to validate priorities, improve documentation, and define product requirements.
- Make sure the development team for your product area is working on the most impactful things.
- Maintain a roadmap, backlog, and curate and solicit feedback for the product area.
- Communicate product ideas clearly by focusing on the problems that are being solved, the outcomes, and how we will measure success.
- Be transparent in your internal and external communication. Sourcegraph is open source, so most discussions are public or in channels where you communicate directly with our customers.
- Uphold your side of the PM – EM partnership responsibilities
- This is a very technical role and requires software engineering experience to effectively communicate with engineers and make educated decisions affecting product scope and performance at scale.
- 2+ years working as a product manager.
- Experience working as a software engineer.
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work.
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering, design, and distribution.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.