Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code search yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
To achieve our mission, we're looking for a Regional Sales Director (West) to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. Reporting to the VP, Sales West, you'll be responsible for working with your team of Enterprise Account Executives, providing feedback, coaching and training to ensure quota attainment and overall account development. Your responsibilities include regional forecast management, customer engagement, and contributing to new customer acquisition efforts.
Sound like a match? We want to hear from you!
Why this job is exciting
As a Regional Sales Director, you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month, you will…
- Begin 1:1’s with your Account Executives, understand your 30-60-90 plan, and meet & shadow current members of the Sourcegraph team.
- Work directly with your manager and peers on new initiatives and ways to improve day to day operations; build the best Sales Executive team in the industry.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them.
- Meet key partners in Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Executives etc. - they will be key relationships for you throughout your SE’s deal cycle.
- Understand the Sourcegraph customer base, ICP, product and value proposition
- Begin to hire, develop, coach and manage a strong team of Account Executives to meet and exceed sales objectives
Within three months, you will…
- Define and execute a regional sales plan to meet and exceed sales goals in new and existing accounts.
- Empower Account Executives through strategic planning sessions, accountability and execution.
- Be a product expert and feel comfortable assisting your team in closing deals
- Accurately assess the capabilities, motivators, and career goals of each team member and provide ongoing coaching to improve their performance and support their career path
- Develop and implement sales strategies that drive monthly, quarterly and yearly growth against company targets
- Perform regular pipeline reviews and accurately forecast sales pipeline
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and client care
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Sourcegraph’s product, value, competitors, and unified communications and collaboration industry trends
- Consistently help your team achieve their activity goals
Within six months, you will…
- Consistently help your team meet or exceed quota
- Continue to focus on your OKRs
Within one year, you will…
- Be considered a top-performing team leader by consistently exceeding team goals
- Cultivate a team of Account Executives that see consistent month-over-month success
- Serve as a mentor, leader, or coach to other new peers of the team
We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated, and strategic leader who is laser-focused on recruiting and developing a team that is responsible for hunting net new business with enterprise customers. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for overseeing our Account Executives and helping them educate the market about the power of Sourcegraph and generating opportunities with new customers.
- 3+ years of enterprise sales leadership experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience in building and motivating sales teams, growing pipeline, and hitting revenue targets.
- Consistent achievement of sales goals with high seller participation.
- You are a Recruiter! Sourcegraph hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen.
- [30 min] Hiring Manager intro call with VP Sales West, Greg Bastis.
- [1 hour] In depth interview with VP Sales West & VP Talent.
- [1 hour] Presentation to Enterprise Account Executives & VP Sales West (leadership style, methodology, customers, pipeline generation plan & deal review).
- [30 minutes] Interview with Customer Engineering Leader.
- [30 minutes] Interview with SDR Leader.
- [45 minutes] Final interview with Gregg Stone, VP Sales Worldwide.
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & make an offer.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.