Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven't even heard of code search yet, but once you've used it, you can't live without it--just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
To achieve our mission, we're looking for a Senior Sales Recruiter to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. Reporting to the VP of Talent, you'll be pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our pioneering and fast-growing Talent department. In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘work as a team’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to provide a high-touch, "best in class" candidate experience, allowing us to recruit the most talented and qualified people we need to achieve our aggressive growth plans.
Sound like a fit? We want to hear from you!
Why this job is exciting
As a Senior Sales Recruiter at Sourcegraph, you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month, you will…
- Begin 1:1’s with your Manager, understand your 30-60-90 day plan, meet & shadow current members of the Sourcegraph team, and delve into your roles.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your Manager and develop an action plan to achieve them.
- Meet key hiring managers and executive leadership you will be supporting - you will be meeting with them weekly and they will be key relationships for you throughout your role.
- Begin recruiting on openings and become ingrained in the business with assistance from your team and the VP, Talent.
Within three months, you will...
- Manage the influx of applicants in a timely manner, providing a top-notch candidate experience.
- Utilize strong sourcing and recruiting methods to proactively identify and attract top-quality passive talent, especially cold calling.
- Have a strong understanding of the business and what makes Sourcegraph unique.
- Begin to work autonomously through the entire candidate recruitment lifecycle (from application through offer acceptance) and have regular “update meetings” with your hiring managers.
- Embody a growth mindset and proactively work on projects that help us process improve and develop a scalable foundation on which to grow.
Within six months, you will...
- Be seen as a Subject Matter Expert to the business units you support, guiding hiring managers and executive leadership on selection best practices.
- Have established relationships with your team hiring managers, and be viewed as a trusted Business Partner throughout the company.
- Fill roles quickly (within 40 days) with quality talent.
Within one year, you will...
- Be considered a top-performing Recruiter on the team and a go-to resource for your hiring managers.
- Provide a candidate experience that is considered to be the best they’ve ever had.
- Train and develop new team members.
Our Recruiters are hard-working, results-driven, and passionate people advocates! We are sourcing machines - passionate about finding the best passive talent and providing a top-notch candidate experience. We celebrate the wins together and help each other through uncharted territory.
You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented Sales Recruiter who shares our values and has a passion for all things Talent. This is a huge opportunity to develop your career by participating in every phase of the recruitment process, from sourcing and evaluation of talent, to owning requisitions of your own, collaborating with hiring managers and senior leadership. You have demonstrated skills with passive candidate generation, account management (internal hiring managers), and moving candidates through all recruiting stages (candidate generation to interview to offer). As a Sales Recruiter, you’ll help determine and implement strategy and develop proactive sourcing techniques to ensure an ongoing candidate pipeline.
- 3+ years of agency recruiting experience; corporate experience a plus.
- Demonstrated history of recruiting SaaS sales professionals from entry-to-senior level.
- Strong cold calling skills and a “sales mindset.”
- Solid analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, and a growth mindset.
- Engaging interpersonal skills: a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who connects well with others.
- ATS experience required; Greenhouse is ideal!
- You apply.
- [30 mins] Phone screen with the VP, Talent, where we will learn more about you and answer any questions you have.
- [45 mins] Deep dive with the VP, Talent, where we will understand your philosophy around recruiting and metrics, and answer any additional questions you may have.
- [1 hour] We ask that you complete a project which will be reviewed by the VP, Talent and hiring managers with whom you will partner.
- [45 mins] Meet with two of your Hiring Managers.
- [30 mins] Meet with other members of the Recruiting or HR team.
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We offer you the job.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.