- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about Sourcegraph’s features.
- Drive continual progress towards a cohesive, delightful experience for a technical audience through iterative improvements.
- Have the autonomy to facilitate conversations, identify problems, arrive at solutions, and execute designs.
- Pull together insights to propose a variety of solutions, then collaborate with product and engineering to determine the best solutions to problems.
- Use prototyping and usability testing to inform and validate designs.
- Collaborate directly with customers to inform strategy and design decisions.
- Play a key role in building design culture at Sourcegraph.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
- Expertise in designing complex web applications as demonstrated in a strong portfolio showcasing your tried and tested process for tackling design problems, as well as high quality interaction, and visual design.
- Experience building end-to-end experiences in popular design tools (we use Figma).
- The ability to adapt your tools and processes for the velocity of a fast-paced startup where projects have varying requirement levels.
- Experience with usability testing, customer journey mapping, developing personas, wireframing and prototyping, sketching, and other UX design methods.
- The ability to proactively give maintenance to the design system when thinking about how new concepts impact the whole product.
- A knack for giving and receiving feedback, and explaining the reasoning behind your designs.
- A deep understanding of developers, and a strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Strong UI design skills.
- Experience designing developer tools.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams on multiple projects in tandem.
- Experience designing for of B2B or B2D (developer) applications.
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams.
- Experience building and implementing complex design systems.
- Experience working on or leading a product redesign.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.