SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to help SoundHound continue to grow its presence in Japan.
In this role you will:
- Help manage existing business relationships with partners and customers.
- Collaborate with partners’ and customers’ internal teams such as software architects and hardware engineers to help them design and develop new and innovative voice-enabled solutions.
- Participate in integration, architecture and design discussions, and help resolve technical issues by spending time on site as necessary.
- Actively evangelize the SoundHound voice AI story and educate partners and customers on the company’s offerings.
- Create and deliver unique, engaging, and exciting demos and presentations.
- Analyze market requirements, product roadmaps, and internal priorities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to help design and develop new and innovative solutions based on market needs.
- Work collaboratively with internal engineering and product teams to ensure all closed deals have proper transition from sale to delivery/management.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Manage technical sales opportunities and initiatives.
- Some travel may be required
We would love to hear from you if:
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in the design and development of complex IT systems
- 3+ years experience in client-facing roles
- Experience in writing proposals, RFP/RFQ responses, and contract negotiation
- Expertise in architecture of complex distributed systems
- Experience with programming languages such as C, Python, or Java
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Strong client-facing skills – ability to build and manage executive level relationships
- Ability to engage, influence and collaborate with different divisions in the company
- Deliver timely and high impact results with limited resources
- Expertise working with the automotive industry
- Proficiency in English
We’d be especially excited if you have exposure to Machine Learning, Voice AI, and Cloud/SaaS space, a technical background, or a master’s degree in a related field of study.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!