SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
The Director of Global People Operations will be a key leader of SoundHound’s People & Culture team, leading all people operations and international HR support. You will lead a globally distributed team of four with an expectation of continued growth to support the company as we scale. The People Operations team is the front line that engages with employees, and has ownership to design and deliver a world class employee experience.We are looking for a leader who is excited to tackle dynamic challenges, champion analytics and process improvement, and develop innovative solutions that power our business.
In this role you will:
- Shape, define and ensure the effective, engaging, and efficient delivery of People Operations and Employee Relations services
- Safeguard the company’s reputation and assets by ensuring compliance across our programs, offerings and services
- Partner with executives and people leaders across the organization to manage and develop their leaders and teams, providing guidance and advice on people related matters
- Collaborate within People & Culture and across SoundHound to drive efficiencies and simplify processes
- Lead a global People Operations team and handle all people related budget, vendors and partners
- Reflect SoundHound’s culture in all people operations, ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment that has a global perspective
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of progressive experience leading a global people operations function with specific experience in designing and implementing an efficient and effective people operations function for a rapidly scaling organization
- You have a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution.
- You build systems and processes that go from “scrappy” to “scaled.” A systems thinker, you connect the dots between business needs and efficient, tech-enabled solutions. You’ll be seasoned in process improvement and optimization.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator, and build consultative relationships with stakeholders at a variety of levels
- You love measuring impact. You leverage data from a range of sources to tell a story, diagnose problems and opportunities, drive alignment, and implement change
- You have strong working experience across all People Operations functional areas including US employment law, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, global employment matters
- You are a strong leader with a track record of building and growing diverse, inclusive, high performing teams. You care deeply about your team and their growth
We’d be especially excited if you are a data analytics guru, have formal process improvement expertise, or have direct international experience, such as having worked in a different country or directly supporting specific countries.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!