SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
The Compensation Lead will be a key leader of SoundHound’s People & Culture team, leading all compensation programs at SoundHound. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing development of the company’s compensation related programs including base pay, short and long term incentives, sales commissions, other variable pay programs, and equity. This is a chance to own Compensation soup to nuts! This position reports to the VP, People & Culture and will be part of the People & Culture leadership team, shaping the overall culture and employee experience at SoundHound.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for managing the company’s compensation function including program design, development, related compensation support, analysis of program effectiveness (including monitoring market trends and regulatory changes), and on-going program administration
- Contribute to overall employer brand and employee value proposition by ensuring external market competitiveness and internal pay equity
- Own and implement a robust compensation infrastructure inclusive of job architecture, market pricing approach, and compensation tools
- Increase the compensation acumen of leaders and employees’ understanding of their compensation and total rewards through engaging communications, tools and training
- Manage and optimize relationships with compensation vendors and partners
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of progressive experience in compensation management; prior experience in Sales Compensation is preferred
- You have strong business acumen, problem solving skills, and excellent analytics skills
- You have fanatical attention to detail, strong results orientation and flexible with the ability to manage multiple initiatives in a demanding, fast-paced, agile environment
- You have the ability to communicate complex information and concepts succinctly and in a straightforward manner
- Collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently and be a self-starter
We’d be especially excited if you have international compensation experience, have driven pay equity initiatives or have experience implementing compensation systems.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
The estimated range of base pay for this position in Colorado is $110,000 - $130,000 USD/year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options will be provided as a component of the total compensation package for this role, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. A sign on bonus may be provided as a component of total compensation. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!