SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
As Director of Product Marketing, you will be leading the company’s product marketing activities across our growing Houndify platform – defining key products, technologies, and solutions within the full Voice AI offering. This is a unique opportunity to define market segments and positioning, own the go-to-market planning and execution, and play a pivotal role in shaping our overall product roadmap. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with the ability to develop insights and analysis that lead to breakthrough plans with successful and measurable outcomes.
This role will report to the VP of Marketing, and is a leadership role within a rapidly growing company, with the opportunity to help define the product marketing function.
In this role you will:
- Develop, own and execute the go-to-market strategies and plans for key products, technologies, and solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with product management, marketing, sales, engineering, customer success teams to build and launch products - from initial market validation, positioning & messaging, to go-to-market strategy, launch and execution across channels.
- Perform market and competitive research and analysis, and develop strategies that strengthen and differentiate SoundHound Inc. and Houndify’s position in the market.
- Be the expert on the customer, defining key segments and providing insights that help product, engineering and sales teams better understand the customer and market requirements.
- Synthesize insights to develop value propositions and messaging for products and segments.
- Develop customer personas and journeys in support or marketing programs as needed.
- Support sales and business development teams with sales enablement strategies, training, content and toolkits. Develop presentations, collateral, research and more as needed.
- Develop pricing analysis and strategies as part of the GTM plans.
- Build relationships with industry analysts to grow visibility and further market positioning of products and solutions.
- Work with growth marketing team to ensure strategies are driving qualified sales leads.
- Collaborate with content marketing team to inform them of key target customer needs and product/technology messaging and differentiation.
- Work with business development to drive our industry event strategy, including developing recommendations for which events to attend, budgeting and driving the messaging, content and presentations for events.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members to build a robust market intelligence function, gathering and sharing insights that give a continual pulse on the market.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a BA or BS in Business, ideally with a concentration in marketing. MBA preferred.
- You have 10+ years work experience in product marketing or business consulting, focusing on B2B technology products
- You have a track record of rapid growth, marketing innovative and emerging technologies
- You have experience leading cross-functional teams as well as managing direct reports
- You have experience conducting market research to inform product development and go-to-market strategies
- You have strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present compelling strategies and plans that bring cross-functional teams together toward business goals
- You have a solid financial and analytical understanding with the ability to run basic financial models and analyze metrics throughout the funnel
- You have a strong relationship building and influencing skills, and a believer in the power of teams
- You have a background in developer marketing a plus
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!