SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
You will be the first hire fully dedicated to owning the automation and optimization of the build, test, integration, and release system for the voice AI technologies powering the Houndify platform. You will be working with many different engineering teams, deploying both Cloud-based services at scale and embedded solutions. You will be joining a deeply technical culture where we value the engineering mindset you bring, focusing on the build systems at the nexus of the development at SoundHound.
In this role, you will:
- Configure, maintain, and extensively build upon deployments of industry-standard tools (Jenkins, CMake, Jira, etc) in a C++ development environment
- Design and deliver tools and processes that increase efficiency, maintainability, and stability of development process
- Drive core technical decisions around standardization of build systems and developer workflow
- Ensure builds and deployments run smoothly, working appropriately with codebase owners to debug any problems
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive multi-year track record of managing builds and release systems at scale
- You are deeply knowledgeable of standard tools and scripting languages (python, bash, and/or perl) and the ability to adopt the right mix of supplemental customizations
- You are able to work in a highly self-directed fashion, analyzing the current state of systems, generating a plan, and then taking action without waiting for explicit guidance
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE or equivalent experience
We’d be especially excited if you have start-up experience or worked on teams in the speech recognition or search technology space.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!