This role is ideal for someone looking to have one foot in engineering and one foot in Business Development. As part of SoundHound’s engineering leadership team, you’ll be joining a deeply technical culture (with hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level) and will have direct impact on key technical decisions and roadmaps. As a “dotted line” member of SoundHound’s BD team, you’ll also be a key technical voice in the team’s efforts to massively scale partnerships and revenue streams. You’ll be a primary point of contact for external stakeholders, while forging strong ties and establishing credibility within our engineering organization.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain a broad knowledge base with sufficiently deep understanding of the constantly evolving technologies powering the Houndify platform
- Apply this technical knowledge base in the context of Business Development and Sales efforts, joining customer interactions early in the pre-sales process
- Attend weekly engineering management meeting led by CTO and attended by all Director and Exec-level team members relevant to engineering, contributing detailed weekly summary of Solutions Engineering activities, and commenting on any relevant engineering efforts and priorities
- Strategize with Business Development, Product Management, and Exec teams to create customized and scalable Voice AI solutions that generate massive revenue growth
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have hands-on technical background at both systems and code level
- You have extensive experience successfully navigating sales/pre-sales contexts
- You understand emerging use cases and architect innovative technical solutions
- You are a persuasive communicator with ability to form/maintain strong customer relationships
- You have experience defining scope of technical deliverables and negotiating acceptance criteria
- You have significant industry experience (typically 10+ years), plus a BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
We’d be especially excited to hear from you if you are already deeply familiar with Voice AI (ASR, NLU, Wake words, TTS, etc) and are particularly passionate about our mission to ‘Houndify Everything’. Be sure to mention if you’ve worked with industries that already heavily rely on the Voice AI (e.g. Automotive industry), or industries that you believe will benefit from Voice AI in the near future. For this role, prior management and team building experience is also a big plus.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
We are purposeful about fostering an environment where everyone feels supported. Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, and flexible working hours.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/. Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!