SoundHound Inc. continues its pace of organizational expansion and growth, and we now seek a uniquely skilled and motivated individual to lead our focus in the area of Financial Planning & Analysis.
This position will report to SoundHound’s VP of Finance & Administration and will work closely with colleagues across the company, including the executive team, engineering, product marketing, accounting, and operations. You will be responsible for leading all systems and processes related to the creation and maintenance of budgets and forecasts while building new financial models to drive overall performance. This individual contributor role offers an unusually broad opportunity to build out a key organizational function from the ground up, in collaboration with key stakeholders, and that delivers a significant and direct impact on the future direction of the company.
The ideal candidate holds progressively responsible FP&A experience in one or more fast-moving organizations where significant growth has occurred in a short period of time. We seek an intellectually curious individual with a long-term orientation, who builds the highest quality possible into analysis and process, to enable timely and insightful decision making.
In this role you will:
- Consolidate and support all planning and reporting processes for SoundHound, including monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and multi-year outlook
- Communicate the risks, opportunities, and drivers of forecast variances, in an insightful way to facilitate timely and informed decision-making
- Produce a variety of ad hoc analyses and dashboards, focusing on tangible outcomes to drive strategic direction
- Support the executive leadership team in assessment and communication of business performance, trends, and strategic trade-offs
- Develop budget-actual and forecast-actual reporting that is timely and supports key decision-makers
- Collaborate with accounting during the monthly close to ensure accuracy of financials and provide detailed variance analyses
- Drive operational excellence through standardization and simplification of processes.
- Ad hoc requests and projects may involve Treasury, Tax, international expansion support, and more. We have a team-first approach and given our expansion goals, there are plenty of initiatives and tasks to be involved in!
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 8 years of experience in finance leadership roles with a bias towards quantitative analysis and FP&A
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s degree in Business Administration is strongly preferred
- You demonstrate exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel – you need to be able to build financial models while working with large amounts of data
- You have experience with FP&A tools such as Anaplan, Jedox, Adaptive Insights, etc.
- You have project-managed an FP&A system implementation
- You possess a strong background working with ERP/financial systems (NetSuite experience a plus).
- You have knowledge of ASC 606 and the ability to expertly apply it
- You’re an excellent communicator - verbal, written & presentation skills with the ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple and precise business implications
- You have excellent planning and time management skills; you have experience in optimizing processes/workflows
- You are intellectually curious, have a passion for problem-solving, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Superb attention to detail
- You consider yourself nimble and flexible with an above-average EQ
- You demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively across all levels and functions
- You have experience in a fast-paced, unstructured start-up environment
About SoundHound Inc.:
At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed and accuracy. Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. We’re making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app and Hound voice assistant and through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, and Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world. Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists and linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, and a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.