At SoundHound Inc., we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, we’re trusted by top brands around the globe. Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally.
About the Role:
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years.
We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. These user experiences will be showcased within our Hound app, and made available to other developers via the Houndify platform, enabling them to power billions of devices and applications.
You’ll be part of a large, internationally dispersed team and your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
In this role you will:
- Leverage your C++ and bilingual (Italian, German, Spanish, Hebrew and/or French) skills
- Solve important localization challenges to bring voice AI to new languages and regions.
- Gain proficiency in a new programming paradigm for natural language understanding and adapt it to your native language.
- Implement, scale, and maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm and design challenges
- You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app and Houndify platform
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in designing efficient and robust algorithms
- You enjoy working on hard open-ended challenges, and improving existing solutions
- You’re comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You have C1/C2 equivalent skills in Italian, German, Spanish, Hebrew and/or French
- You’ve earned your BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience with speech recognition and related fields
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party API's
- C1/C2 or equivalent skills in additional languages such as: Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.