About the Role
At SoundHound, we consider QA a critical part of our success as a technology company. We ship products to millions of users, and it is QA’s role to maintain a high level of quality. We value our in-house team because we believe clear and frequent communication with the engineering and product teams is key to our ability to ship amazing products. We are a highly technical bunch and are looking for a QA leader who can speak with technical folks and do hands-on testing. This is an opportunity to drive QA at a rapidly growing Voice AI company, implement best practices, and scale a team.
- Develop and inspire a team responsible for all aspects of functional and non-functional testing, partnering with multiple engineering teams to develop and support features, platforms, and new technologies
- Ensure quality for our three products: SoundHound, Hound, and Houndify
- Build innovative ways to automate and expand our software testing
- Compiling, analyzing, and presenting test results—ultimately driving and constantly improving product quality
- Promote and discover new QA best-practices which ensure successful deployments across our many teams
- Lead by example; motivating people, instilling accountability, and achieving results
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and oversee the writing and execution of test cases
- Closely manage timelines and resources by understanding priorities and team members' strengths
- 8+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or a Software Quality Manager
- Owned release decisions, scoping work, and driving bug convergence
- Ability to attract, retain, and grow people to create a self-organized and highly empowered team
- Hands-on experience writing advanced code including automation frameworks and test scripts for large scale testing scenarios
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies including debugging, performance testing, stress testing, and automation
- Exceptional communicator and can have conversations with both engineering and product focused teams
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves
- Prior startup experience
- Scaled from from start-up to enterprise
- Exposure to audio, search, NLU, and related technologies
SoundHound turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. We achieve this through a suite of products:
- Hound - leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience.
- SoundHound - applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming.
- Houndify - our platform that empowers developers to be part of the Speech-to-Meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.