SoundHound continues its pace of organizational expansion and growth, and we now seek a uniquely skilled and motivated individual to lead our focus in the area of Financial Planning & Analysis. This position will report to SoundHound’s VP Finance & Administration, and will work closely with colleagues across the Company, including the executive team, engineering, product marketing, accounting and operations. You will be responsible for leading all systems and processes related to the creation and maintenance of budgets and forecasts, while building new financial models to drive overall performance. This individual contributor role offers an unusually broad opportunity to build out a key organizational function from the ground up, in collaboration with key stakeholders, and that delivers a significant and direct impact on the future direction of the company.
The ideal candidate holds progressively responsible FP&A experience in one or more fast moving organizations where significant growth has occurred in a short period of time. We seek an intellectually curious individual with a long term orientation, who builds the highest quality possible into analysis and process, to enable timely and insightful decision making.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consolidate and support all planning and reporting processes for SoundHound, including monthly forecasts, annual budgets & multi-year outlook.
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances, in an insightful way to facilitate timely and informed decision-making.
- Produce a variety of ad hoc analyses and dashboards, focusing on tangible outcomes to drive strategic direction.
- Support the executive leadership team in assessment and communication of business performance, trends and strategic trade-offs.
- Develop budget-actual and forecast-actual reporting that is timely and supports key decision-makers.
- Collaborate with accounting during the monthly close to ensure accuracy of financials and provide detailed variance analyses.
- Drive operational excellence through standardization and simplification of processes.
- Ad hoc requests and projects may involve Treasury, Tax, International expansion support, and possibly more. We have a team-first approach and with our rapid expansion, there are plenty of initiatives and tasks to be involved in!
Education, skills and experience
- At least 8 years of experience in Finance leadership roles with a bias towards quantitative analysis and FP&A.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel – you need to be able to build financial models while working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with FP&A tools such as Anaplan, Jedox, Adaptive Insights, etc.
- Ideally you would have project-managed an FP&A system implementation.
- Strong background working with ERP/financial systems (NetSuite experience a plus).
- Knowledge of the new revenue recognition accounting standard (ASC 606) and how to expertly apply it.
- Superior communication skills - verbal, written & presentation skills with ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications.
- Excellent planning and time management skills; experience in optimizing processes/workflows.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity.
- Superb attention to detail.
- You consider yourself nimble, flexible with an above average EQ.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across all levels and functions.
- Experience in a fast-paced unstructured start-up environment is highly preferred.