At SoundHound Inc, we’re delivering transformative voice AI technology to change the way we interact with the world around us. With a community of over 300 million users of our SoundHound app, we're just getting started. In early 2016, we launched Hound, a breakthrough voice assistant, and Houndify, our revolutionary developer platform that enables developers to add a voice interface to anything.
Our marketing team is looking for a Sr. Content Marketing Manager who knows how to build connections with customers through content in all its forms and at every stage of the buyer journey. We’re looking for a creative, process-oriented, data-driven marketer whose focus is on growth. You must have a proven track record of lead generation and brand awareness building through content development.
Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing, you’ll be responsible for content strategy, creating long-form and short-form marketing content including blogs, smart papers, infographics, campaign planning, newsletters, videos and web content—with the goal of nurturing and growing leads, increasing brand awareness, conversion and retention.
The ideal candidate will bring a passion for engaging with our current and future customers, and have deep expertise in creating content for multiple platforms, deep analytics, and engaging hundreds of thousands of followers.
- In partnership with the Director of Content Marketing, build the content strategy by identifying new, compelling ideas that generate and advance leads through the sales funnel.
- Identify the best content formats (including white papers, infographics, blog posts, webinars, videos, slides, and podcasts) based on objectives, marketing channels, and user data.
- Manage content strategy for all phases of the buyer’s journey to drive acquisition, lead generation, and boost organic traffic.
- Oversee the creation of compelling assets from ideation through completion.
- Create, write, edit, and manage the production of the content and manage source experts, including external influencers and internal talent.
- Manage a content production calendar. Assign and keep track of tasks and deadlines, helping prioritize and approving content requests and backlog.
- Work closely with customer acquisition to identify the best channels to publish our content to maximize growth.
- Ensure content is on-brand, consistent in tone, and complies with SEO best practices.
- Drive content success metrics and analytics and track and measure results and optimize content for conversion.
- Maintain a content library, regularly review and update or retire content, and serve as the internal point-of-contact for any content requests.
- Identify content performance KPIs and, working with the Director of Content Marketing to identify successful content and map out new ways to repurpose (i.e. a white paper into a blog series). Continually refine the content strategy based on performance metrics.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience with minimum of 3-5 years in content marketing.
- Demonstrated experience developing content at scale for B2C and/or B2B brands
- Experienced corporate storyteller that can create content that helps build connections with our target audiences that compels action.
- Proven experience with multiple aspects of content marketing, including personas/profiles, buyer’s journey, SEO, social media, conversion optimization, paid promotions, tools, and metrics.
- High integrity, energy, and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Marketing, English, Journalism, or similar field.
- Familiar with content requirements and best practices for publishing on platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Comfortable working with a range of tools: Jira, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive, and demonstrated experience with key tools for content creation, workflow management, content management, as well as publishing platforms.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to forge strong interpersonal bonds and work collaboratively with key internal and external partners.
- Adept at staying ahead of relevant industry trends, market developments, and competitor landscape.
We offer a friendly, collaborative work culture, free lunch, snacks, happy hours, stock options and other great benefits. With our $100M Series D funding announcement and over a dozen voice partnerships including Mercedes-Benz, Pandora, Hyundai, and more, we’ve got all the momentum we need to grow -- a perfect time to join!