At SoundHound, our exceptionally talented employees are our greatest resource. Our goal is to provide a workplace environment that allows them to do their best, innovative work; one that creates a remarkable “employee experience” from first-impression onward.
To achieve that goal, we’re looking to hire a Facilities Coordinator to assist in managing a wide variety of facilities related areas including vendors, programs, projects, and administration at our beautiful new headquarters in Santa Clara, California, along with our growing number of field office locations. This position will collaborate with many teams across SoundHound to help cultivate a collaborative, friendly and fun work environment that fosters innovation and productivity.
The ideal candidate will have facilities or property management experience in a fast-paced environment for a company that has achieved significant growth. They are friendly, flexible, have a “can-do” personality, and excellent communication skills. They will assist in managing day-to-day activities of facilities operations, security, safety, service contractors, work requests, forecasting, and more.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Operations & Vendor Management
- Coordination and oversight of service contractors for facilities-related services such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security systems, furniture systems, recycling/waste management, ergonomics and health & safety.
- Coordinate system furniture design/installation vendors for ongoing cubicle additions and reconfigurations.
- Minor construction project management, overseeing multiple contractors/disciplines.
- Manage facilities related work requests from employees to ensure good customer service.
- Coordinate with landlord for their vendor’s work on the property.
Safety & Security
- Assist management of safety programs such the Safety Committee and Evacuation Team.
- Assist with ongoing improvement of physical security program policies and procedures, related communications, and enforcement.
- Through 3rd party system security vendors, manage card access and video surveillance systems.
- Provide second level contact for emergency response.
- Help track seat occupancy data and provide accurate capacity reports when required.
- Occasionally assist with light labor needs such as chair/table setups and/or decoration for special events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Ideal fields include Industrial Technology, Operations Management, Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management
- 2-5 years experience in corporate facilities services, property management, hospitality, or related field
- Experience using tools and being handy preferred, and experience in one of the building trades is a plus.
- Though infrequent, must be able to move furniture, boxes, climb ladders, properly use basic tools, etc.
- Strong computer, writing and communication skills.
- Though direction will be provided, must be able to work independently, and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive, detail oriented, with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to- meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
We offer a competitive compensation package, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to be part of a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.