SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products, we're just getting started. At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
- You dream job involves building/owning the systems that improve the lives of millions of users every day.
- You are passionate about building a user experience that is innovative and delightful.
- You love writing code, reviewing code, deprecating code, and learning about news ways to solve problems.
- You are detail-oriented - you notice subtle UI/UX issues and care enough to go to the effort of fixing them.
- You are interested in the front-end space and stay abreast of the latest developments
- You are a fast learning with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
- You can operate independently but are not afraid to seek help when you need it.
The Web team at SoundHound is responsible for developing web applications (both internal and external) that are critical to SoundHound's mission. You will:
- Play a central role in the rapid development and launch of web applications
- Play a role in the design process by providing rapid prototypes to the team absent of complete requirements
- Collaborate with the product team, UX team, QA team, and server-side developers to deliver compelling and delightful user experiences
- Have significant input over the architecture, design, and development of new applications
- Write and deploy code daily
- Have a good foundation in web frameworks and looking to grow knowledge and experience
- Experience with the latest web frameworks and libraries such as NodeJS, Express, React, Redux, and SASS
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL
- Comfortable with high levels of responsibility and ownership
- Experience integrating with REST and service-based architectures
Nice to haves:
- Side projects and interests that demonstrate your technical knowledge and highlight your interests
- A GitHub profile
- Fluent in Unix environment
What we offer:
- A supportive team that helps you grow and succeed as an engineer
- The opportunity to work on game-changing products in a rapidly growing organization
- Great perks
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with either:
- A link to an application or personal project
- link us to a web application you love using and tell us why.