SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us. After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products, we're just getting started. At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike.
SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours. We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
Responsible for the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and day to day management of mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as key team player in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Identifies and recommends design and configuration improvements of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes systemic issues and provides remediation.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the data center production and development environments by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Performs troubleshooting and is a key participant in problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
- Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Provides server support related to other software.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Develops and maintains tools, procedures, custom scripts and test plans to ensure operational reliability.
- Maintains security and protects systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops and maintains procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- At least 3+ years experience in Linux/Unix system administration, complex systems management, programming, and systems software and support
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems/application stacks
- Deep current knowledge of programming languages and operating systems, current equipment and technologies in use, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex system management activities and to configure systems to be consistent with company policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Highly disciplined and motivated, able to work independently, under direction, or as a member of a team
- Must be willing to periodically work nonstandard hours and be on call
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-facing production environment, across multiple data centers including Cloud
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies as required
- A proficiency with scripting or programming is a must
- Deep knowledge of Linux/Unix, including applicable security principals
- Deep understanding of networking and relevant protocols, Load Balancers, firewalls, VPNs, and commercial network security solutions
- Working knowledge of containerization technology
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and other configuration management software
Nice to haves:
- Experience with IDS/OSSEC
- Experience with Nagios, Prometheus or other monitoring solutions
- Experience working with SQL ( MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Hadoop) databases
- Experience working with data interchange formats such as XML, JSON and YAML