About the Role:
Join our Toronto-based engineering team to manage and execute on their growing portfolio of projects. Work closely with our existing management to coordinate the efforts of a core group of engineers focused on Conversational AI technologies that power Hound and Houndify. You will regularly connect with each engineer and ask the right questions to ensure systems and code bases remain robust while having the projects move forward. You will be in constant contact with other parts of the SoundHound team (headquartered in Santa Clara, California), as well as interfacing directly with major external partners.
We have a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for an accomplished hands-on engineer who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
- Own and maintain roadmaps for the engineering team’s projects
- Coordinate timelines, identify risks, and convey priorities to engineers
- Clearly communicate goals and status updates to project stakeholders
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions, evaluating trade-offs and risks
- Ensure that issues are tracked and receive appropriate follow-us
- Work cross-functionally with product management, sales, marketing, and external partners to ensure projects are delivered on-time
- Hands-on experience as a software engineer (3+ years preferred)
- Significant track record of technical management for complex systems at scale (2+ years preferred)
- Adept at managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to release
- Experience interfacing with non-technical teams and external partners
- BS in CS, EE, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, MS strongly preferred
Nice to haves:
- Prior exposure to Voice Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, or related technologies
- Prior experience coordinating software development efforts across multiple locations
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
How to apply:
Please include a resume and a cover letter letting us know why you'd like to work at SoundHound in particular!
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.