About the Role:
Join our growing engineering team by playing a key role in advancing our Speech Recognition technologies. Work closely with our existing management team to coordinate the efforts of a core group of engineers focused on statistical machine learning, speech recognition algorithms, and acoustic modeling. Sync-up regularly with each engineer and ask the right questions to ensure systems and code bases remain robust and projects progress appropriately. You will be in constant contact with other parts of the global SoundHound team as well as interfacing directly with major external partners.
You will be joining a deeply technical culture. Our existing management team consists of hands-on coders all the way up to the CEO level. We expect you to be deeply technical as well, so this is an ideal role for an accomplished hands-on engineer who is excited by the challenge of helping us evolve our current organizational structure into something more scalable while proactively advocating for the things that make engineers love coming to work every day.
- Own and maintain roadmaps for the engineering team’s projects
- Coordinate timelines, identify risks, and convey priorities to engineers
- Interface with internal teams and external partners to drive projects forward
- Clearly communicate goals and status updates to project stakeholders
- Facilitate deep dives on key architectural decisions, evaluating trade-offs and risks
- Hands-on experience as a software engineer (3+ years preferred) in a *nix environment
- Track record of technical program management for complex systems at scale
- Adept at managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to release
- Experience interfacing with non-technical teams and external partners
- BS in CS, EE, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, MS preferred
Nice to haves:
- Prior exposure to Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding, Data Curation, or related technologies
- Prior experience coordinating software development efforts across multiple locations
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA
How to apply:
Please include a resume and a cover letter letting us know why you'd like to work at SoundHound in particular!
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.