Why you should join us:
At Sound Agriculture, we believe our food system can nourish consumers while benefiting farming communities and the planet. Through a deeper understanding of plant and microbial biology, we are leveraging the natural power of plants to make agriculture more agile and resilient. Our work focuses on developing nutrient efficiency products and modernizing plant breeding to improve the way we farm and the food we eat.
Sound is a Series D startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture including Leaps by Bayer, Syngenta Group Ventures, S2G Ventures, BMO Impact Investment Fund, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Fall Line Capital, Cavallo Ventures, FootPrint Coalition and Northpond Ventures.
What you'll do:
Strategic Sales Manager
We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager for the US to sell and maintain relationships with partners and key clients/customers. Responsibilities include growing the company's revenue by building/executing a sales plan that is in-line with the SAM targeted path. Build and develop deep relationships with growers, potential clients as well as ensuring existing key clients are satisfied with Sound’s suite of solutions. The person in this role secures and maintains long term key customer relationships by discovering and demonstrating an understanding of their needs, preparing customized solutions, and negotiating contracts.
An exceptional Strategic Sales Manager should be able to manage multiple customers and strategic accounts without compromising on the quality of services provided. Developing these client relationships requires the Sales Manager to effectively convey how Sound’s solutions improve our client’s business and enable them to achieve their goals. Achieving a high level of customer satisfaction is crucial to growing our business and creating long-term, repeatable success.
The Sales Manager reports to the Director, Strategic Accounts. This role is fully remote with travel expected (30-50%).
$110,000-$120,000 Base Salary
$40,000 Commission Target
Commission targets are uncapped and measured by sales against quota. Commission earnings are paid three times annually.
Sound reserves the ability to adjust the compensation range based on the final candidate’s experience, skillset, and geography. In addition to on target earnings, we offer above average equity grants for the industry as we believe that every employee should have a stake in the company’s growth. If you’re above this compensation target, we encourage you to reach out and discuss the entire package and opportunity before deciding not to pursue this position.
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with key clients that bring in the most income for the company (12,000+ acre growers), industry partners and premium strategic clients
- Communicate and collaborate within the Strategic Account team to ensure that key clients’ needs are met.
- Collaborate with marketing team on advertising, design, and implementation of promotions (including events and trade shows) of key clients and Strategic Account team
- Design and implement big-picture strategic and operational plans to meet (and exceed) short and long-term sales and profitability goals
- Build and execute an effective forecasting process with key accounts, identifying and pursuing prospects to expand our list of partners strategically
- Bring a creative, aggressive, and influential approach towards sales opportunities
- Develop, train and educate customers with knowledge and solutions that eliminate their doubts and make them feel confident in Sound as a trusted advisor
- Use SalesForce to nurture prospects, track progress and report on customer engagement (with a keen eye to qualification), and drive sales opportunities to closure
- Nurture and sustain long-lasting, influential relationships in such a way as to garner referrals and repeat business (renewals)
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams, maintaining a high level of urgency and proactivity in updating the customer
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner, and demonstrate ownership in resolving any complaints or issues from the customer
- Compile reports on key account progress, goals, and forecasts for across internal teams
- Develop operational efficiencies, providing best-in-class support while improving profitability
Targeted Skills & Experience
- Proven experience with direct to growers (12,000+ Acres), sales, key accounts, influencers, dealer market/agency model
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
- Excellent organizational, presentation and delivery skill
- Ability to adapt, problem-solving and skilled at negotiation
- BS/BA in Agriculture, Business Administration, Sales or similar preferred but not required
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: Building and expanding product sales and education within new markets, creating and achieving ambitious goals with direct-to-grower sales, partnerships and key customer groups.
- Ownership: Taking charge of relationships, building trust and respect among some of the highest profile customers in the Agricultural industry. Training and educating clients with thorough product knowledge and tailored agronomic solutions.
- Tenacity: Being determined and not quitting on your goal when it gets hard or things aren’t happening quickly. Setbacks or obstacles will happen; not letting those obstacles faze you because you are focused on the end goal.
- Creativity: Outside the box approach to thinking when it comes to marketing, promotion, support and education. Collaboration and strong communication skills to ensure stake-hold support and execution.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive total rewards package, including equity
- Performance bonus structure or uncapped commission plan for sales positions
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Mental health and wellbeing benefits
- In-person and virtual events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!) (e.g. First Fridays, Meditation, Potlucks, Cultural Events, Running and Climbing groups, Photo Contests, weekly Team lunch, etc.)
Sound Agriculture does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies responding to job postings. We will not respond to unsolicited requests to submit candidates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.