Sound Agriculture is an innovator in bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
We are hiring a Director, Revenue Operations to build and scale our sales, marketing and customer experience operations in order to help us meet the growth objectives of our flagship nutrient efficiency product line, SOURCE. The Director, Revenue Operations is a critical addition to the company’s commercial leadership team owning all revenue-related systems, data and analysis for the company. This role works closely with Sales, Agronomy, Customer Experience and Marketing leaders and their teams to drive revenue and retention for the company through streamlined work-flow systems, software integrations and data-based insights.
This role assumes immediate leadership of an existing team of two, with expectations to double the team by the end of 2022. The Director, Revenue Operations reports to the Vice President, Sales and can be based in the Bay Area or remote.
- Lead and develop Sound’s vision, strategy and tactical focus for Revenue operations while fostering learning and motivation of employees
- Partner with Sales leadership to build simple but powerful processes, sales strategies, training and tools with a focus on sales productivity, scalability and automation
- Implement and improve existing sales enablement technologies such as Salesforce, ZenDesk, and Tableau and partner with commercialSales and Marketing leadership to optimize the effectiveness of our tech stack
- Work with outside software development vendors to build data integrations across our software stack, including CRM, ERP and revenue management solutions
- Coordinate sales and financial forecasting processes with Sales and Finance leaders
- Proactively monitor the quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the revenue functions, without bottlenecks or process inconsistencies
- Monitor the accuracy and efficiency of Salesforce data fields and distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the Sales team
- Assist in vendor management, quoting, issuing contracts, and system compliance
Skills & Experience
- Experience with increasing levels of responsibility in Sales Operations, Marketing Operations, Finance and or Strategy, including leadership of a team
- Deep experience and expertise in Salesforce platform, Salesforce integrations (such as Chargebee and Zendesk), LinkedIn, data cleaning tools and marketing system integrations
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to create and scale repeatable teams and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to navigate through complex and ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to gather information, analyze data and processes, and drive solutions cross-functionally
- Strong familiarity with implementing sales processes, especially solution-selling
- Experience with setting up and managing a deal desk - applying pricing structures and models, RFPs, SOWs, MSAs, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with experience delivering presentations to an executive audience
- Strong working knowledge of Google Workspace, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom or similar tools
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; Sound is a high-growth, VC-backed startup looking for folks who are driven by a sustainable mission and want to create the future of agriculture!
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: Continuously challenging the status quo in our sales processes and operating procedures to make them more efficient and scalable.
- Ownership: Building new sales processes and SOPs proactively and keeping existing resources updated on an ongoing basis.
- Creativity: Applying new methods to analyze our data and make use of it in the sales process.
- Respect: Updating sales plans and quotas immediately after changes are made and delivering commissions payments on time.
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.