Sound Agriculture is an innovator in bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
We are seeking a Social Media & Community Manager to build our online presence and drive engagement among customers and advocates in the agriculture space, as well as potential employees. This position will be responsible for communicating key messages, company news, customer wins, and points of view on the growing sustainable agriculture space across owned social media channels.
This position requires experience planning, implementing and scaling successful social media campaigns, with a proven track record of driving community growth and engagement. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in all social platforms including the latest trends/analytics, a focus on details within a fast-moving role, and a creative mindset to help set us apart from competitors.
The Social Media & Community Manager reports to the VP of Corporate Marketing and Communications and can be based in our Emeryville, CA headquarters or remote across the United States.
- Own Sound Agriculture’s social accounts and manage all activity, including short and long term strategies for channel management and growth for platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Manage end-to-end channel-specific activity that targets specific goals and audiences, including increasing sales, building awareness and establishing thought leadership
- Increase engagement across channels and drive community growth through direct and constant communication with our audience
- Follow brand guidelines for tone, voice, and messaging to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Work with the broader corporate marketing team, as well as product marketing, sales and agronomy teams to create visually engaging and emotionally driven content
- Support sales and agronomy teams by actively posting and engaging about events and customer testimonials
- Creatively repurpose owned content to maximize reach and impact
- Maintain a deep understanding of social media best practices, performance metrics, and data analysis to use in measuring programs against established KPIs
- Analyze, monitor, and report on social media campaign performance metrics, effectiveness, and business impact, identifying ways to improve
- Manage and grow influencer marketing program, providing support and guidance and maximizing partnerships to grow our community
- Keep a constant pulse on competitors’ social media presence and identify areas of opportunity
Targeted Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated expertise managing social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram a must) for a company with a proficiency in all major social media platforms
- Strong familiarity with social media management software (Hootsuite, Sprout Social or similar)
- Excellent writing, proofreading and oral communication skills, with the ability to create engaging content for various target audiences
- Proven understanding of current social media best practices and key metrics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data insights to inform decisions
- Detail-oriented with excellent project and time management skills
- Deep familiarity with the agriculture industry, ideally row crop farming
- Team player with a positive and collaborative spirit, yet with the ability to work independently and confidently make decisions
- Passion for our mission and vision of building a more agile and resilient food system
- Proficiency in Google Workplace
This role demonstrates our company values by:
- Boldness: Establish methods to stand out on social media from competitors in a crowded space through consistent storytelling that is both powerful and emotional
- Ownership: Pridefully manage our social media channels, using each platform to share engaging and unique content that drives awareness and interest in who we are and what we do with the ultimate goal of creating an engaged community of customers, advocates and potential employees
- Respect: Work cross functionally to support the needs of various teams, understanding how different pieces of our story fit together to create a bolder picture; emphasize the importance of each individual's story as part of the whole
- Creativity: Identify fresh ways to share our message, whether through new platforms, unique content and campaigns, unconventional engagement techniques, or something else altogether that drive interest and engagement
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.