Sound Agriculture is an innovator in bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
We are building an in-house Talent Acquisition team and adding a Recruiter (Talent Acquisition Partner) to support the rapid growth of our organization. The Talent Acquisition Partner works cross-functionally with leaders in Research, Business Development, Product Management and Sales in developing talent pipelines, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring qualified talent. Ideal candidates enjoy a balance between outbound sourcing, inbound qualifying, and candidate relationship management. This is a great opportunity to grow beyond your skills as a recruiter into a talent consultant and thought-partner for our hiring teams.
The Talent Acquisition Partner uses their technical expertise, understanding of human behavior, and passion for sustainability to deliver results. This role is a key contributor to our DEI strategy, mitigating bias in the hiring process, evaluating process improvements, setting team KPIs, and using data to identify and remove barriers.
Join us as the first impression for all future Sounders! This role reports to the Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager and can be based remotely across the United States.
- Build a talent pipeline for upcoming positions on the annual hiring plan
- Source passive talent using outbound messaging and regular pipeline activity
- Partner with hiring managers to develop a recruiting strategy for open requisitions and take to market leveraging existing partnerships
- Drive consistency in the candidate experience from initial awareness to new hire onboarding with personalization over customization
- Own full-cycle requisition management including screening, preparing interview teams, facilitating debrief sessions, and offer planning & negotiation
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team in support of shared goals including process improvements, creative outreach efforts, social media engagement, and developing training for hiring teams
- Engage with the greater People Ops team to ensure a well-rounded perspective on being a Great Place to Work!
Targeted Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated success as a full-cycle recruiter owning sourcing and pipeline building
- Agility in managing competing priorities, deadlines, and dozens of candidates at a given point in time - able to jump from one position to the next
- Strong mix of team-orientation (desire to collaborate and support each other) and independence (autonomy in regular tasks)
- Growth mindset and genuine curiosity in human behavior, learning, and innovation
- Ideal candidates have experience recruiting in agtech/biotech/life sciences recruiting
- Experience using Greenhouse ATS, G Suite, highly desired
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: uses CRM to craft outbound campaigns to engage passive candidates, using targeted, personalized, and consistent outreach
- Ownership: Remains optimistic and inspiring in the face of market challenges; uses expertise to create new paths to the desired outcome
- Respect: Invests time building relationships and learning the core functions of Sound to paint a holistic picture for candidates; challenges hiring managers to expand beyond their comfort zone and leads the way
- Creativity: Develops recruiting strategies that enable quick decisions and equitable hiring, using curiosity to explore uncharted paths and “what if” opportunities adjusting quickly to a rapidly changing talent marketplace
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.