Sound Agriculture is an innovator in bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
We are hiring a Senior Software Product Manager to create and manage a portfolio of models and software that will optimize Sound’s product placement and identify where and under what agronomic conditions those products will work best.
The Senior Software Product Manager will work across diverse teams including Sales, Sales Agronomy, Field Development, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Data Science to develop model and software solutions that truly differentiate Sound from its competitors.
This role can be based in our Emeryville, CA headquarters, or remotely, and has expected travel of up to 20% per year.
- Deeply understand and continue to learn about customer needs relative to our products, models and software solutions
- Own the industry’s first Performance Optimizer (beta product placement tool) and improve this offering by collaborating with Sales Agronomy to identify new, relevant variables, Data Science to advance the underlying models, and Corporate Marketing to increase access to and usability of the tool
- Define and direct the plan to ingest, analyze, and make meaning of grower data with precision agronomy software. Then build tools to share results with growers and utilize data to improve our product performance
- Build a portfolio of new and expanded software tools to support our customers’ success
- Identify the most important agronomic model and software solution needs
- Scope and prioritize solutions
- Clearly define specifications, requirements, and plans to deliver highest-priority solutions
- Manage plans to deliver solutions on-time and on-budget
- Lead development of Sound mobile application to help enable proper use of SOURCE and highest results for our growers
- Partner with Product Marketing and Sales Operations to improve Sound’s e-commerce solution
Targeted Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in AgTech and passion for sustainability and agriculture
- Demonstrated success delivering multiple complex software solutions in high-growth organizations
- Familiarity with leading precision agronomy software such as Climate FieldView, SMS, AgStudio, etc.
- Experienced in model-driven software applications such as prescriptive analytics in conjunction with data science partner
- Versed in consumer-grade UX/UI
- Familiar with software product management tools such as Asana and SmartSheets
- Willingness and interest in working in a fast moving, high impact startup
- Proven ability to discover, scope, and deliver creative solutions to meet customer needs
This role demonstrates our company values by:
- Boldness: Build the first product placement tool in the entire nutrient use efficiency space
- Ownership: Drive the creation and adoption of software tools across multiple functions with influence rather than authority
- Respect: Respect the complexity and power of agronomy while building simple, easy-to-use software tools
- Creativity: Identify data-driven approaches to age-old nutrient efficiency problems in agriculture without being limited by how it’s always been done
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.