Sound Agriculture is an innovator in bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Leaps by Bayer, Northpond Ventures, S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Group Ventures.
We are hiring an Account Executive to achieve maximum sales growth and demand generation with large, progressive growers. This role will be part salesperson and part account manager, working collaboratively with our Regional Sales Managers and retail partners to close business with professional corn and soybean growers throughout the US.
The Account Executive serves as a coach and mentor to junior level sales colleagues, partners with the Director, Direct Grower Sales and Regional Sales Manager to drive high-growth sales within the assigned region.
This position reports to the Director, Direct Grower Sales and can be based remotely across the United States or in our Emeryville, CA headquarters. Expectation of up to 20% travel.
- Conduct market analysis targeting large, progressive growers in assigned region
- Utilize social media, CRM (Salesforce), and other digital tools to build awareness and interest in our SOURCE product line
- Achieve sales targets in collaboration with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs), helping to close strategic grower accounts with SOURCE Corn and Soybeans
- Make outbound calls, emails, tweets and LinkedIn and video messages to growers to generate interest
- Execute a close sales plan in conjunction with RSMs and SAs in their regional team.
- Build out and execute demand generation process, including use of software like Salesforce and related to have an appropriate outreach cadence through phone, email and text
- Maintain open channels of communication and collaboration with the regions via regular updates and quarterly strategy meetings both remote and in-person
- Coach, mentor, and support sales skill development for junior level colleagues
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated success as an direct sales professional including achievement of sales goals across multiple products and industries
- Strong preference for agricultural industry sales experience
- Experience identifying customer needs and crafting a personalized value-proposition
- Ability to sell based on value and ROI, including business financials and price/volume relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships in person, over the phone, and by video conferencing
- Tenacity in digital outbound sales calling; excitement for hunting new sales opportunities and growing new business.
- Experience selling new product lines that create a new market, vs. established categories that are mostly stealing market share
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite and Salesforce
This role demonstrates our core values by:
- Boldness: Actively analyzes market opportunities and pursues all qualified leads; pushes beyond sales goals and targets to achieve big results for our customers and colleagues
- Ownership: Takes charge of their assigned marketplace and collaborates with the Account Executives, Regional Sales, and Customer Experience teams to close deals
- Respect: Leads by example and freely shares best practices, process improvements, and invests time in skill development for others
- Creativity: Uses a blend of new and trusted tools to generate leads, pursue growers, and close deals
- Opportunity to work in an early-stage, disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401k Plan
- Generous vacation policy
- Regular team events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!)
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.