SoulCycle is seeking a Vice President of Product and Technology to help establish and execute our technical vision and lead all aspects of technology development. The Vice President of Product and Technology is a visionary that can translate business needs into workable technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally. They will be responsible and accountable for the overall platform and solution architecture, as well as managing its implementation across all product lines. They will be responsible for leading a team, project prioritization and careful resource management.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the SoulCycle culture and brand. They will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing company environment.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the General Manager and Business Owner for the Product and Technology Group.
- Own the full product life-cycle for all SoulCycle technology platforms.
- Managing and facilitating studio operations, cloud-hosting infrastructure, integrations with vendors and partners, data engineering and product ideation and delivery.
- Oversee technology architecture and IT/AV infrastructure to best position the business for digital and brick and mortar success.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, and software within the company.
- As a member of executive leadership, assist in the development of annual business plans, goals and timelines for areas such as, but not limited to: hiring; purchasing; budgeting and goal setting.
- Ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly.
- Manage budget; create and own P&Ls for specific work-streams and projects.
- Negotiation and administration of vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
STRATEGIC OVERSIGHT & VISION
- Contribute to the tactical and strategic goals for the business.
- Set and implement a Product and Technology vision that grows the SoulCycle. business and services our customers, studio staff, instructors, and HQ team.
- Lead the technology group through implementation of the company strategy for eCommerce, Web, Mobile, Booking, Retail, Data, and Digital Content initiatives.
- Set and define product roadmaps for all product and tech initiatives.
- Be a champion of the SoulCycle brand and explore ways to use our technology platforms to bolster that brand.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, software development and operational best practices.
- Identify emerging technologies to be analyzed, assimilated and integrated within the organization.
- Manage product and tech leaders, provide mentorship and guidance to the full product, design, engineering, and IT team.
- Recruit, coach and nurture a technology team that is consistently over performing and delivering on business objectives.
- Set team goals and expectations. Maintain key performance indicators to measure ongoing success.
PARTNERSHIP WITH KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Partner with key stakeholders to consistently refine and improve the systems scope and functionality, always keeping rider and employee experience top-of-mind.
- Partner with senior leadership to continue to evolve the overall design and vision for SoulCycle’s digital space.
- Be a cross-functional leader, uniting with other leaders across the group to contribute towards and define success.
- At least 10 years of related experience in a comparable technology management and strategic role.
- Experience in designing and developing consumer facing mobile and web.
- Strong leadership skills, a positive, team player attitude and the ability to motivate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present technology recommendations in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Communicate the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges to its investors, management, staff, partners, customers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal passion for fitness and/or the SoulCycle brand is strongly preferred.