Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
To lead the development and implementation of cross channel marketing activities in Asia.
Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Develop annual marketing plans that are aligned with the global marketing strategies.
- Develop optimal budget recommendations in support of the annual marketing plans.
- Manage the forecasts and annual budget. Work collaboratively with Expert departments, e-commerce team, Press/Communications, Editorial, Design, Display, Special Events, Partnership and Web teams.
- Define campaign KPIs. Evaluate results and identify areas of improvements.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the auction/luxury market.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ activities and market trends. Identify new promotion and collaboration opportunities.
- Manage communications with Expert departments. Prepare written briefs of campaign, gain approval from Expert department and the Marketing Director.
- Brief internal design team and external agencies and vendors (as appropriate); monitor them to ensure effective execution.
- Provide holistic campaign overview of all marketing deliverables to ensure that activities are delivered on time and in an integrated way.
- Develop and maintain a positive and pro-active work relationship with the Expert departments, acting as the contact person of the department. Ensure that department’s need and objectives are understood within the team and that a clear two-way flow of relevant information exists between the teams.
- Provide regular and timely project status updates to the Marketing Director and other key internal stakeholders as required.
- Develop and maintain a positive work relationship with key counterparts in the New York, London and Paris. Share main activity plans and work collaboratively on joint projects.
Measurement and Evaluation
- Set clear campaign objectives for all marketing activities, secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Monitor results during implementation. Adjust if necessary. Organise post-campaign evaluation.
- Ensure that campaign evaluation data is shared with internal stakeholders and that learnings are built into future marketing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Arts or related discipline
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience in marketing in an MNC, preferably in Luxury Brands, Art fields, or Advertising Agencies
- Able to effectively evaluate creative recommendations in an objective way to ensure best fit against marketing communication objectives
- A working knowledge of cross-channel communication planning across major channel areas such as advertising, direct marketing, event marketing, and PR to an enough high level for execution and meeting set objectives
- Experienced with briefing and managing the output of marketing communication/design agencies
- Knowledge of direct marketing/CRM process
- Knowledge of media buying process
- Well-organised, disciplined, with excellent project management skills
- A self-motivated team player, with a can-do attitude
- Excellence verbal presentation skill
- Well-presented and emotionally mature
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.