Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
- Develop and deliver integrated communications strategies to position Sotheby’s as a leader in the art business and technology innovation
- Work with Head of Communications and relevant departments to develop and implement effective corporate and media communication programmes that promote the brand image and achieve business goals
- Build and maintain relationships with media across Asia, in particular those in Greater China
- Plan and manage media events from start to finish
- Work closely with global communications and marketing teams to drive Sotheby’s social media presence across all platforms, with a particular focus on WeChat and Instagram. Proactively identify opportunities across other emerging channels
- Monitor communications strategy performance and provide analysis when necessary
- Participate in travelling exhibitions when required
- Participate in ad-hoc duties as requested, not limited to additional main and mid-season auction based duties which may include, but are not limited to, telephone bidding for multiple departments
Skills / Competencies / Experience:
- Degree holder of Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Translation or related discipline
- Minimum 12 years of experience, preferably in MNC or sizable organisation, with solid track record in media relations or marketing communications. Regional experience within the art or auction industry with art and corporate communications as priority.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese, with an eye for detail
- Native or near-native English writing and editing skill is essential
- Savvy with social media and other digital communications tools. Understands emerging technologies and media
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels and with a diverse international audience
- Seasoned background in stakeholders' management
- Adept at prioritizing effectively and working with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Astute in responding to unexpected situations and stay on top of matters despite of ambiguities
- Self-motivated with strong desire to deliver results
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.