Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
- Business-getting across Mainland China
- Inspect and authenticate properties in all Asia locations
- Work with Head of department and Marketing teams to promote all Auctions and Marketplace initiatives
- Outreach to auction bidders and buyers to build relationships
- Outreach to Sotheby’s Relationship Managers to ensure internal awareness of all sales happening in this category
- Provide regular analysis of auction data to the Head of Department
- Advise on handbag and accessory product mix for Sotheby’s new Buy-Now Marketplace
- Provide pricing, terms of consignment, and other deal-specific information to consignors
- Ensure that product photography is executed properly
- Work collaboratively with team Administrators and Coordinators to facilitate smooth handoff of information and positive client experiences
- Participate in regular pipeline meetings to keep Head of Department aware of progress for Auction and Marketplace channels
- Regular travel will be required as part of the role
- Experience as a handbag’s authenticator and valuer (5 years+ experience)
- Experience in auction house, ecommerce or second-hand luxury shop
- Knowledge of retail and resale markets for luxury handbags and accessories in MLC
- Interest in luxury brands and ecommerce businesses
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and flexible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capable of building meaningful client relationships
- Ability to work independently and as part of a busy, global team
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and discretion
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite, tech savvy
- Fluent in English is mandatory
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.