Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
Sotheby’s is looking for a Temporary, Post-Sale Experience Coordinator to own the operational execution of sales in accordance with company policies and best practices while delivering high-quality client service. This dynamic role is ideal for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys multi-tasking and organizational tasks whilst coordinating all key processes leading up to the sales.
Assist Buyer and Sellers through the post-sale process:
- Ensure post-auction process and service level agreements (SLAs) are delivered in a timely and professional manner;
- Facilitate and process post sale transactions, including but not limited to invoicing, payments, post auction sales and seller property returns;
- Issue timely and accurate client communications;
- Work with Shipping Coordinator to organize shipping quotes and deliveries;
- Work with Logistics team to manage client shippers;
- Ensure financial transactions comply with corporate governance;
- Partner with other business areas to respond to client inquiries, resolve client issues and execute client transactions to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction;
- Work with the Specialist departments to action and follow up on shipping and collection recommendations for unsold property;
- Facilitate temporary releases of purchases for 3rd party services
- Manage property releases for non-sale inventory
- Participate in project work as requested by Head of Department
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent client service skills, with demonstrated capability in active listening, empathy, service recovery and patience
- Calm demeanor, especially under pressure
- Good numeracy skills. Experience with basic bookkeeping is an advantage
- Well presented with a friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming disposition
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Logical and practical thinking, with excellent resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow through
- Highest standard of confidentiality, discretion and work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Multi-lingual skills a plus
- Prior experience with SAP is desirable
The expected hourly rate for this position ranges from $22/hour - $26/hour. Employees in this role may be expected to work overtime, and will receive additional pay at the applicable overtime rate. In addition to hourly wages and overtime, successful candidates will be eligible for benefits as required by law. Our offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.