Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
You will be responsible for a team of Customer Service Agents for Marketplace in China region and will work closely with the Marketplace Operations team on strategy and execution to promote the highest level of service excellence.
- Support in defining service strategy and ensure the implementation.
- Provide leadership for the team by inspiring them with the company’s service vision, setting clear objectives, and motivating them to deliver the best level of service.
- Lead, coach, develop and train the Customer Service Agents.
- Assess daily/weekly service levels and quality of service;
- Act as final point of escalation for team for customer or IT related issues;
- Work with Real-Time Analyst to manage staffing plans to ensure capacity is met, taking into consideration on and off-peaks;
- Provide weekly customer feedback report;
- Manage customer complain and complain case from Market Supervision Administration
- Manage customer related costs;
- Work with Product and Technology team or external vendor to identify the functionalities required for customer service;
- Act as liaison and point of contact for other departments to ensure a customer focused approach to business initiatives;
- Work close with brand and digital marketing team, to support marketing campaign
- Work closely with global CS Managers to ensure consistency of service and productivity;
- Identify key areas of improvement and partner with global management team to implement tailored policies, procedures, technical improvements and training programs to address those areas;
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledgeable and experienced in art, e-commerce and auction industries
- Commercial acumen driven with the ability to pivot quickly according to business needs and to manage change with confidence;
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to manage and organize a team from a performance as well as development perspective;
- Able to make sound business decisions with a strong sense of urgency;
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.