Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
In addition, we offer Sotheby’s Financial Services, the only full-service art financing company. For advisory we offer services for private collectors, museums, corporations, artists, estates and foundations.
Sotheby’s Financial Services enables clients to unlock the liquidity in their fine art and collectible assets through technology and innovation. With the spirit of a fintech startup, the stability of a large established organization, and its position at the center of the art ecosystem, the SFS team unites around the goal of leading the future of art financial services. We have a bold and exciting journey ahead, and we can't wait to make it happen together.
You will be a core member of the SFS team responsible for loans originated in Asia, promoting the SFS value proposition internally with colleagues and externally with clients. As a driven team player, you will serve in a priority growth area for Sotheby’s, expanding clients’ relationship with Sotheby’s and offering clients a key value-added financing service.
- Proactively source new lending opportunities by partnering with Sotheby’s relationship managers and other internal stakeholders.
- Build trust and foster working partnerships with external channels including private banks, art galleries, dealers and storage facilities in order to drive new client acquisition.
- Work with existing borrowers to deepen and grow lending relationships with SFS.
- Manage reactive inbound lead conversion, including consignor advances.
- Work collaboratively with relationship managers to identify and execute new growth initiatives.
- Guide clients through the financing process, partnering to propose solutions for individual client needs.
- Manage client negotiations from initial lead stage through final deal terms negotiation. Serve as a relationship point of contact during the life of the loan.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sotheby’s and SFS teams to ensure smooth processing and servicing of loans.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a client-facing lending, wealth management, or similar role with a focus on sales and relationship building.
- Individuals with prior experience as relationship managers at major auction houses and galleries will also be considered.
- Charisma, professional demeanor, and a natural ability to connect with others internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed targets.
- Solution-oriented and self-directed mindset and work approach with a bias towards action.
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Prior art experience is not required, but an interest or curiosity in art or other luxury objects is encouraged.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the US, please click here.
To view our Candidate Privacy Notice for the UK, Hong Kong, France and Switzerland, please click here.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.